Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitnut617

Quote from: chrisonord on August 18, 2020, 07:15:58 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 18, 2020, 05:52:36 AM
Oh, that's a steal. There's currently one on ev!lbay from Estland for EUR 2000,-:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Lego-Technic-42113-Bell-Boeing-V-22-Osprey-NEW-Sealed-Rare/353172203269?epid=25039534770&hash=item523ab42705:g:ERgAAOSwrzFfOPcY

:unsure:
Wow that is epic  :o

My son who collects as many of the original Lego Star Wars sets that he can afford, says that some of the sets in his collection are a 'one time' only set. He tells me he sees these sets on eBay (or other sites) going for absolutely ridiculous prices these days. Mind you he told me one or two of the sets he got, cost him a few hundred bucks to begin with ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Sounds like it could be a good  investment for him though Robert.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

The big money in Legp collecting is for sealed boxes.
Doing that is a bit like collecting model kits with no intention of building them or buying Hot Wheels cars and keeping them in the blister packs (I rip mine open and drive the cars wound the kitchen table making the appropriate noises).
One of the girls who works in our local toy shop told me she buys two of every lego set she gets.  One to build and one to collect.
And a lot, once built just stay that way and don't get broken down again and rebuilt into something else from the imagination.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

100 bucks for a 1/24th scale car with three figures. :o

https://www.squadron.com/Motorwagen-Benz-Sons-p/icm24041.htm

The regular boxing, without the Benz family, is $79 on Hobbylinc, list $99.99.
https://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/icm/icm24040.htm
One sprue for the car, a small sprue for the tires, a fret of photo-etch - spokes etc., and a wheel
assembly jig.

:o

zenrat

I'd quite like to hot rod one of them (it really needs a Hemi) but not at that price.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on December 20, 2020, 04:06:17 AM

I'd quite like to hot rod one of them (it really needs a Hemi) but not at that price.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My mind is BOGGLING at the thought! Are the wheels even strong enough to support the weight of a Hemi, let alone the uprated transmission etc?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

When I was young, a crippled guy had a sort of wheelchair with a BMW flat-twin motorcycle engine and  drove around town in that!
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Rheged

Just think of the sundry extras that could be offered to upgrade the basic kit:-

Different headgear for the junior Benzes

Startled passers by leaping out of the way to improve the diorama

Individual link drive chains...........come to think of it Frau Benz has the hem of her dress perilously close to a drive chain in the box art. Get her garment caught in that and there might just be a series of unfortunate circumstances.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on December 20, 2020, 08:42:08 AM

come to think of it Frau Benz has the hem of her dress perilously close to a drive chain in the box art. Get her garment caught in that and there might just be a series of unfortunate circumstances.

You've been watching to many Carry On films  ;) :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 21, 2020, 06:12:26 AM

come to think of it Frau Benz has the hem of her dress perilously close to a drive chain in the box art. Get her garment caught in that and there might just be a series of unfortunate circumstances.

The 1920s period dancer, Isadora Duncan, was killed just like that.

Her ultra long scarf got caught in the rear wheel of an Amilcar CGSS she was learning to drive, and it pulled her right out of the car and broke her neck :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Yup I remember the Vanessa Redgrave film, one of the first films I took a girl to  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 21, 2020, 06:36:17 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 21, 2020, 06:12:26 AM

The 1920s period dancer, Isadora Duncan, was killed just like that.

Her ultra long scarf got caught in the rear wheel of an Amilcar CGSS she was learning to drive, and it pulled her right out of the car and broke her neck :(

That was exactly what I had in mind.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on December 20, 2020, 04:06:17 AM

Ah, but what kind of "hemi"?

This one from 1903 is quite handsome what with the crankshaft, connecting rods, cam drive,
OHC and valve-gear all operating al fresco.

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbside-classics-american/museum-classicautomotive-history-1903-premier-the-first-ohc-hemi-head-automobile-engine-and-the-search-for-the-hemis-true-father/
;D