They want what for it?

Started by rickshaw, March 12, 2011, 05:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 21, 2020, 01:20:56 PM

Ah, but what kind of "hemi"?

In Fred's world, and mine too, there's only one sort of Hemi it could be though. The 1960s 426 cu. ins. variant.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Kit's right, but i'm willing to recognise the existence of other engines with hemispherical combustion chambers.

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 21, 2020, 01:20:56 PM
Quote from: zenrat on December 20, 2020, 04:06:17 AM
I'd quite like to hot rod one of them (it really needs a Hemi) but not at that price.

Ah, but what kind of "hemi"?

This one from 1903 is quite handsome what with the crankshaft, connecting rods, cam drive,
OHC and valve-gear all operating al fresco.

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbside-classics-american/museum-classicautomotive-history-1903-premier-the-first-ohc-hemi-head-automobile-engine-and-the-search-for-the-hemis-true-father/
;D

This is amazing.  I presume some form of rudimentary lubrication was applied from an oil can before it was started.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

There was probably some poor little oik who had to run alongside & squirt oil onto the visible moving parts with one of those thumb-press-plunger oil cans. :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 22, 2020, 06:41:43 AM

There was probably some poor little oik who had to run alongside & squirt oil onto the visible moving parts with one of those thumb-press-plunger oil cans. :rolleyes:

While those MONSTER exhaust ports were blasting away in his face no doubt. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 22, 2020, 06:46:35 AM

The era of "H&S?  What's that?"
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on December 22, 2020, 07:43:10 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 22, 2020, 06:46:35 AM

The era of "H&S?  What's that?"

And servants were cheap and plentiful
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

They were oiled via lines running from an oil tank, the system was pressurized by a hand-pump
operated by the riding mechanic. The oil system lines have been removed from the engine as it
is now but they are visible in period photos. It was a common system of the era.

The oil lines are visible in this photo. Other photos appear to show a neater installation running up
the inside of the frame.

zenrat

Gorgeous.  Chain drive, no front brakes and that monster air cooled engine.  What could go wrong?
;D :thumbsup:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on December 24, 2020, 03:06:53 AM
Gorgeous.  Chain drive, no front brakes and that monster air cooled engine.  What could go wrong?
;D :thumbsup:

Well, for a start off, the driver could lose his cap if he doesn't turn it to face peak backwards.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Remember the five hundred quid 1/32 Airfix Vauxhall Victor Estate?
Well because i've been watching it the seller just offered me 20% off...
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/114022610109?ul_noapp=true

Same seller has a 1/32 Airfix Austin Maxi for three hundred quid and a Pioneer 2 1/72 Yak 15 for fourteen quid.
Out of all of those the price for the Yak is the most ridiculous...
Fred

Dizzyfugu

Didn't the seller mean 14 Cent?  :o

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 30, 2021, 03:36:46 AM

Same seller has a 1/32 Airfix Austin Maxi for three hundred quid and a Pioneer 2 1/72 Yak 15 for fourteen quid.

£300 for a Maxi?  :o

That's so stupid, I can SEE one of them from where I'm sitting now! They're not THAT rare.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 30, 2021, 04:05:07 AM

That's so stupid, I can SEE one of them from where I'm sitting now! They're not THAT rare.  :banghead:

£300 for a Maxi?  Uou could probably get a real one for that..............with change!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on May 30, 2021, 07:55:55 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 30, 2021, 04:05:07 AM

£300 for a Maxi?  Uou could probably get a real one for that..............with change!

Certainly a Mark 1, yes. But you'd have been ripped off it cost more than 30p!

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The latest Airfix Mag has an announcement of Airfix's re-pop of their 1977 mould 1/144 scale Concorde, with decals for G-BOAF, the last flying Concorde.

They're pricing it at £32.99!  :banghead: :banghead:

Hang on, it's a 1/144 scale airliner, and not all that big a one either. In the same mag their re-popped 1/72 Sea Harrier costs £23.99 and a Revell 1/72 OV-10A Bronco costs £19.99.

They're either having a larf or they're crazy, the kit's tooling's been amortised DECADES ago.

Regards
Kit