HpH Models

Started by GTX, March 12, 2011, 11:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on October 13, 2014, 11:26:19 AM
I too can remember that first flight....and I agree with your comments on Raymond Baxter

A cracking guy, my Dad and I used to get up every hour of the night in the 50s to hear his updates on the Le Mans 24 hr race.

Some years later I did a 'Tomorrow's World' programme with him when they did the show from our plant at Cowley, I spent hours with him explaining crash tests, vibration tests and seat belt anchorage tests. He was VERY sharp, but then he did fly Spitfires and Meteors in WWII.

He was Admiral of the Dunkirk Little Ships Fleet and his boat shared a mooring with my Uncle's at Marlow. I went to one of their regattas once and when my Uncle and I went up to chat to Raymond he said 'You're the young man who does all that car testing, aren't you?'! What a memory.  :thumbsup:

When the 'Ark Royal' (R09) was decommissioned in 1979, he asked the Beeb if he could come out of retirement to broadcast for the occasion, and very moving it was too.

Sorry to go on about him so much but he was one of my heroes.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 12, 2014, 04:49:35 PM

I can remember when it first flew.  ;D

With Raymond Baxter doing the commentary, a great bloke.  :thumbsup:

Agreed, an amazing person :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Yup can remember the joint take off myself  :thumbsup:

Talking of Mr Baxter. Anyone else read his memoirs ? Fascinating account of his time as a Spitfire pilot V2 hunting over Holland included.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Didn't his wingman open fire on a V-2 that had just been launched? Raymond told him to back off as it would killed both of them if he'd have hit and it had exploded!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 15, 2014, 01:20:35 PM
Didn't his wingman open fire on a V-2 that had just been launched? Raymond told him to back off as it would killed both of them if he'd have hit and it had exploded!  :o

That's right, his wing man was a Scot called "Cupid" Love  as I recall.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 15, 2014, 01:20:35 PM

wise move. a one ton warhead plus fuel going off right in front of is going to be a very spectacular way to go.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

jcf

In the works from HpH:  (all are 1/32 kits): Grumman F7F Tigercat, Douglas A20 Havoc, DC-3 Dakota, Savoia-Marchetti SM.79, Messerschmitt Me323 Gigant, Handley Page H.P. O/400 and Zlin/LET Z-37 Čmelák. 

SM.79 pattern.

Also a 1/48 B-36.

zenrat

I've often looked at my Monogram 1/72 B36 box and thought "gee, I wish I had one in 1/48, this one just doesn't cut it".
:rolleyes:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

A little more news on the upcoming 1/48 B-36:

HpH Models has announced the upcoming release of a B-36 Peacemaker model kit in a whopping 1/48 scale.

The "really huge, fibreglass/ resin kit" will reportedly be available in very limited quantities with only 100 pieces being produced. Each will be accompanied by a special certificate bearing a serial number.

The kit will sell for €575 and is slated for release on Dec 1. Pre-orders are now being accepted at info@hphmodels.cz.

http://aerodynamicmedia.com/limited-edition-b-36/

http://www.hphmodels.cz/hph/

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

And with Tallboys or Grand Slams in the bomb bays too.

Any buyers will need large and STRONG shelves!  :o

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 09, 2017, 06:08:30 AM

Four bomb loadout would be T-10 Tallboys, or TBM according to the diagram, (Tallboy - Medium)
being my guess, with the T-14 Grand Slam re-designated as TBL (Tallboy - Large) and the
name Grand Slam being reused on the 43,000 lb T-12.
:rolleyes:

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 09, 2017, 06:08:30 AM

Maybe a garage (or hangar) is a more suitable option?  :unsure:

TheChronicOne

These used to be (probably still are) the type of thing a lot "off the beaten path" or "less maintstream" type of diners and what not would have hanging from the ceilings inside as part of the decoration. Barely practical any other way!!  These type of places usually hafter rafters and beams as part of the interior design, however.   ;D

I remember one time when I was maybe 8 or 9 we stopped off at one and there was something, may well have been a B-36 as they are just the type of thing that WOULD be hanging.  I begged my parents to buy it for me. They all had price tags on them at this store. "Money talks. "   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 10, 2017, 07:40:17 AM
These used to be (probably still are) the type of thing a lot "off the beaten path" or "less maintstream" type of diners and what not would have hanging from the ceilings inside as part of the decoration.

Been to a couple of diners in the States that had that type of decoration and a few in Europe as well. Only problem with the really big kits is that you do find yourself wondering how secure they are as you eat  :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.