HpH Models

Started by GTX, March 12, 2011, 11:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The original run of Monogram B-52s had lugs moulded into the top of the wings and fuselage just so you could hang it from the ceiling. I don't if they carried on with that in the later mouldings.

But there was no sign of such lugs on the 1/48 B-36, it was ENORMOUS, and drew a huge crowd every time the guy held it up for people to take pics.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 14, 2017, 06:35:51 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 10, 2017, 07:40:17 AM
These used to be (probably still are) the type of thing a lot "off the beaten path" or "less maintstream" type of diners and what not would have hanging from the ceilings inside as part of the decoration.

Been to a couple of diners in the States that had that type of decoration and a few in Europe as well. Only problem with the really big kits is that you do find yourself wondering how secure they are as you eat  :unsure:

Randy's Restaurant in Seattle, just South of the Museum of Flight and various Boeing facilities, has loads of
models hanging, some plastic kits, many large RC. Along with various aviation history artifacts and ephemera.
http://www.randys-restaurant.net/our-decor.html

NARSES2

There was a bar/restaurant in Prague (Martin and a few others will know it) that had loads of aircraft hanging from the ceiling, artifacts and clothing all around the place and an almost full size Spitfire fuselage proping a wall up  :o It was fibreglass however.

Great place with great food. Don't think it's there now. If memory serves it was called the Wings Club.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.