AWIP (African What If Profiles)

Started by Gekko_1, March 12, 2011, 11:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

That one tone scheme makes all the little detail "pop" --like the mounted missiles as well   :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Hotte

Quote from: Gekko_1 on March 16, 2011, 11:21:08 AM

:cheers:

Richard.

Like it very much!
But the squadron emblem is of JG 1 and the fuselage band from JG 5!

Hotte

JayBee

Quote from: Gekko_1 on March 16, 2011, 11:21:08 AM

Richard.

That is fantastic. I especially love the kill markings. So we have a Meteor, two Vampires, a P-80, but what are the other six?

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Taiidantomcat

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

JayBee

I do believe you are correct. It was the different scales that threw me :thumbsup:

Jim

PS Having just checked, they did not come into service until 1949.

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: JayBee on March 17, 2011, 08:12:08 AM
I do believe you are correct. It was the different scales that threw me :thumbsup:

Jim

PS Having just checked, they did not come into service until 1949.

"The aircraft was unveiled on 20 August 1945, and flew for the first time on 8 August 1946." From wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-36_Peacemaker

There were significant delays because the B-36 became a low priority once the war started... Things may have been different had the US fully committed to the aircraft, plus with the war over there was no need to rush it into service. Its whiff world-- B-36s are as plausible as african 262s  :cheers:

JayBee

Its whiff world-- :cheers:
[/quote]

To darned right :drink:

Jim

Cats are not real. 

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gekko_1

Quote from: Hotte on March 17, 2011, 03:08:26 AM
Like it very much!

Hotte

Oh no!  :o

What colour should it be? :unsure:

Is there a web site that explains all these sorts of things? I'm no expert at all with Luftwaffe markings or colours.

Cheers

Richard.

Gekko_1

Quote from: JayBee on March 17, 2011, 03:21:33 AM
That is fantastic. I especially love the kill markings. So we have a Meteor, two Vampires, a P-80, but what are the other six?

Jim

Yeah Taiidantomcat is right. B-36. Though they could even be a generic symbol for any large bomber. Who knows? :wacko:

Richard.

Gekko_1

GTX

Quote from: Gekko_1 on March 18, 2011, 09:38:51 AM
Quote from: Hotte on March 17, 2011, 03:08:26 AM
Like it very much!

Hotte

Oh no!  :o

What colour should it be? :unsure:

Is there a web site that explains all these sorts of things? I'm no expert at all with Luftwaffe markings or colours.

Cheers

Richard.

I think I have some info - I will post online later.  That aside though, it could be a whiff marking or an aircraft transferred from one unit to another.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Here you go Richard - "Defense Of The Reich" bands.

Mind you, these would not necessarily need to be applied outside of "Defense Of The Reich" (such as African Service would be).  Similarly, even if you did want to follow the 'rules for these', one could always go with the scenario I mentioned above (of an aircraft having been transferred or the like).  All else fails, in this whiffverse, what ever you want goes!  So maybe in this whiffverse, Black/Yellow is the tail band used for the "Neue Afrikanische Kampagne". ;D

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Gekko_1

Quote from: GTX on March 18, 2011, 04:47:15 PM
Here you go Richard - "Defense Of The Reich" bands.

Mind you, these would not necessarily need to be applied outside of "Defense Of The Reich" (such as African Service would be).  Similarly, even if you did want to follow the 'rules for these', one could always go with the scenario I mentioned above (of an aircraft having been transferred or the like).  All else fails, in this whiffverse, what ever you want goes!  So maybe in this whiffverse, Black/Yellow is the tail band used for the "Neue Afrikanische Kampagne". ;D

Regards,

Greg

Thanks for that Greg! Looks like I could go many ways with what 'could' be done. I may even go with your idea of the black and yellow bands/markings being a "theatre specific" marking. I'll think this over and you'll all see what I come up with. It just expands on the Whiff Universe! All good! :thumbsup:

Richard.

sandiego89

Great 262.  Nice kill markings.  Agree that the B-36 would have been a higher priority has the war been protacted, especially if England fell.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA