AWIP (African What If Profiles)

Started by Gekko_1, March 12, 2011, 11:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Gekko_1 on March 19, 2011, 08:47:05 AM
Quote from: GTX on March 18, 2011, 04:47:15 PM
Here you go Richard - "Defense Of The Reich" bands.

Mind you, these would not necessarily need to be applied outside of "Defense Of The Reich" (such as African Service would be).  Similarly, even if you did want to follow the 'rules for these', one could always go with the scenario I mentioned above (of an aircraft having been transferred or the like).  All else fails, in this whiffverse, what ever you want goes!  So maybe in this whiffverse, Black/Yellow is the tail band used for the "Neue Afrikanische Kampagne". ;D

Regards,

Greg

Good Idea! New bands would be very interesting. (Yellow and black though "inaccurate" look very good on the profile  :thumbsup:)

Thanks for that Greg! Looks like I could go many ways with what 'could' be done. I may even go with your idea of the black and yellow bands/markings being a "theatre specific" marking. I'll think this over and you'll all see what I come up with. It just expands on the Whiff Universe! All good! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Richard.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Hotte

Here are my old Lippisch P.13, I./JG 27 in Togo 1946

Hotte

Gekko_1

I had a bit of a roundel dilemma creating this one! :o ;D :wub: I settled on 8. Would you guys like to see it with any of the other versions?? :unsure:

Richard.

http://studiogekko.blogspot.com/  ;)

http://fragmentsofdawn.blogspot.com/   :wacko:

ChernayaAkula

Think I would've settled for 8 as well. :thumbsup: 3 or 11 might work as bigger fin flashes, with the green-white-red portion set diagonally.

Top-notch work as usual!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

I agree 8 is the winner, I like the mostly black with vivid colors around it. Great profile and very cool roundels  :thumbsup:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sideshowbob9

Some great roundels there. Not sure I could choose!

Gekko_1

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 09, 2011, 06:21:04 AM
Think I would've settled for 8 as well. :thumbsup: 3 or 11 might work as bigger fin flashes, with the green-white-red portion set diagonally.

Interesting idea, I'll give that a try!

Richard.

Gekko_1

Taiidantomcat

The more you look at that the more you see... Fresh drop tank. Very cool roundels. I like the paint scheme, Colors remind me of Euro I and look well weathered. wonderful green color on the panels/nose cone even the star is neat. Would turn a lot of heads in plastic  :wub:

Daryl J.

The weathering is indeed superb.    Well done overall.   :thumbsup:

Gekko_1

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Gekko_1 on April 09, 2011, 08:20:36 PM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 09, 2011, 06:21:04 AM

Interesting idea, I'll give that a try!

Cool!
Just found out today that the SPAF actually did something like that to one of their Beech 1900s.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Gekko_1

Here's another version of the South Sudan markings...

Richard.

Gekko_1