Started by sotoolslinger, March 22, 2011, 09:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Says the (ex)Governator :rolleyes: So I plan to :wacko:
I think TaiidanTomcat posted this on SaintKatanaLegacy's Profile Thread

It speaks to me ;D :wub:
It tells me to cut the cockpit and rotor off this

And replace the front rotor and cockpit of this

And ,believe it or don't ,I actually plan on doing it as a helicopter not a spaceship.
The idea being a fast ,heavy lift chopper for special forces that can double as a gunship.  :wacko:
It will have multiple heavy weapons emplacements .
I would like your thoughts as to layout, weapons systems , etc. Anyone who wants to do profiles?
What do y'all think?
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

pyro-manic

What can I say, except: "Do it! Do it now!" ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Army of One

Oh yeah......!!!! I say do it....!! Do it now....!!!! Multiple weapon stn's....? Turrets....? With heavy calibre guns...? Rotary barrelled....? Turrets crewed or not....? Missile armament....? One big rotor..? Contra rotating..? Two rotors on wings.....? With loadsa weapon pylons.....? Get at it.....!!!! Oh....by the way....what ya doing with the rest of the Hind..? If it's up for sale/swop/bin can I make a bid.....?......cheers.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Tuck

(Throws machete - whoosh-whoosh-whoosh - **THUD**-@bleed@)  Stick around..... :wacko:
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

Captain Canada

Woah....now that'll be neat !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

The result will interesting, to say the least.  ;D

sotoolslinger

It will still be a twin rotor Contra rotator like the Bullfrog but I plan on getting another Hind to provide a rotor for the rear station.  Will definitely have multibarrel weapons. Two opposite side door guns .Possibly a 2 or 4 gun lower turret in the passenger compartment. Of course it will retain the nose gun of the Hind as well as the wings(possibly 4 ) with rockets/missles.
Possible Heavy Cannon as a side gun tail stinger?
I amuse me.

Tuck

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 22, 2011, 01:04:14 PM
It will still be a twin rotor Contra rotator like the Bullfrog but I plan on getting another Hind to provide a rotor for the rear station.  Will definitely have multibarrel weapons. Two opposite side door guns .Possibly a 2 or 4 gun lower turret in the passenger compartment. Of course it will retain the nose gun of the Hind as well as the wings(possibly 4 ) with rockets/missles.
Possible Heavy Cannon as a side gun tail stinger?

Kinda like a helicopter C-130 Spectre, eh?  Lovely... :wub: :wub: :wub:
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

Weaver

How about some rotor-unloading wings at mid fuselage (tandem rotors are particularly suitable for this) for extended range? You could then have a pod on each tip which contains fore-and aft ammo drums for a Hueycobra-style style mini-gun-plus-GL turret under the middle, controlled remotely from a bubble window in the fuselage.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Tuck

Lovely whifer thought:  :wacko:

One set of cockpits fore, and one set aft.  contra-rotating props and side-force control... :blink:

It could hit ya coming and going..... :wub:

sotoolslinger

Well I definitely want to keep the rear ramp but it will have wings slinging ordinance. I will go look at the cobra wing guns :wacko:
I amuse me.

chrisonord

If you want some suitable heavy weapons for it Ron, have a look on here http://www.oldcrowmodels.co.uk/25turrets.htm
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on March 22, 2011, 01:27:11 PM
How about some rotor-unloading wings at mid fuselage (tandem rotors are particularly suitable for this) for extended range? You could then have a pod on each tip which contains fore-and aft ammo drums for a Hueycobra-style style mini-gun-plus-GL turret under the middle, controlled remotely from a bubble window in the fuselage.

This is what I mean (it's a made-up system):

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.