RS Models

Started by Weaver, March 25, 2011, 06:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

... and on the 202/205 Castoldi at Macchi dealt with torque and P-factor by making the port wing 21cm longer than the stbd.  ;D

zenrat

I must measure my Italeri kit to see if it is accurate...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 16, 2015, 03:42:27 AM
I must measure my Italeri kit to see if it is accurate...

Indeed please let us know  ;D

I have a few 202/205 kits and I wonder if any picked it up ?

21cm is about 3mm in 1/72 ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

The Italeri 1/72 Macchi 205 has a port wing 1.5mm longer than the starboard wing.
That's 10.8 scale cm.  So half (allowing for error - my ruler is hardly a high tolerance surveying tool) of what is required.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

At least they picked it up - well done to them
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I've seen the 280 advertised on the Weast Coast Hobbies site...might have to look into that one !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

They are bringing out an Me 309 and 509. Had built examples on their stand. Looked very nice

king of men

They seem to be working their way through the old Huma catalog.
All hail 1:72!
Visit the blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
Visit 72 Scale Aircraft forum at http://z15.invisionfree.com/72nd_Aircraft/index.php

PR19_Kit

Quote from: king of men on November 18, 2016, 10:11:22 PM
They seem to be working their way through the old Huma catalog.

Plus some other notables as well (P-51H and Junkers Ju 86R etc.), which is nothing but good news. I can't wait to see what they make of the Triebflugel.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

OOB Me 509 in 1:72 is good news. Have a Huma 309 in the stash that I wanted to convert...  :rolleyes:

The P-51H is two years old, IIRC - they recently boxed it together with a Ki-106, which is a nice bargain though, saving one third of cash compared with the kits bought separately.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 19, 2016, 03:01:04 AM

The P-51H is two years old,

Yes indeed.

I just wish they'd produced it back in 2011 when I built my F-6H Mustang with the DIABOLICAL M News kit!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 19, 2016, 10:54:48 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 19, 2016, 03:01:04 AM

The P-51H is two years old,

Yes indeed.

I just wish they'd produced it back in 2011 when I built my F-6H Mustang with the DIABOLICAL M News kit!  :banghead:

There's always the High Planes kit to be had
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

Had that, it cost me £2 in the kitswap.  It went to Uncle Frank about a year back as I didn't want to build it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

High Plane kits need a bit of work, definitely not "shake & bake", but they make into some very nice models which are accurate
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 19, 2016, 07:22:11 PM
High Plane kits need a bit of work, definitely not "shake & bake", but they make into some very nice models which are accurate

Very much so. Lee had the Merlin Beaufighter at Telford and it looked ok. Also looks quite nostalgic in that bright sky blue plastic.