RS Models

Started by Weaver, March 25, 2011, 06:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 20, 2016, 05:52:23 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on November 19, 2016, 07:22:11 PM
High Plane kits need a bit of work, definitely not "shake & bake", but they make into some very nice models which are accurate

Very much so. Lee had the Merlin Beaufighter at Telford and it looked ok. Also looks quite nostalgic in that bright sky blue plastic.

When you first open the box, it's "primitiveness" always strikes me with HP models.  However, once you remove the pieces from the sprues and clean them up a bit and start glueing them together, its almost magical how it looks just like a proper model.  I've built several of their Canberra kits and one or two of their other ones and always been pleased with the results.  It might take a little bit extra work but the effort is usually well rewarded.   I particularly like their Canberra kits.  A whole lot fewer pieces than an Airfix or other mainstream manufactuers' one but still very nice to put together.   When I'm thinking about a Whiff, one of the first places I go is High Planes' website: http://www.hpmhobbies.com/.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Speaking of High Planes, HPM have reduced the price of their 1/72 Sea Vixen as they have run out of decal sheets and are selling them without as a "base kit".  Perfect Whiff fodder.
http://www.hpmhobbies.com/high-planes-de-havilland-sea-vixen-faw-1-faw-2-bare-bones-no-decals-kit-1-72/
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Nice ! Not a bad price there. I wonder how bad shipping is ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 26, 2016, 07:40:57 PM
Nice ! Not a bad price there. I wonder how bad shipping is ?

From Singapore?  Quite reasonable IIRC.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 16, 2016, 06:45:25 AM
They are bringing out an Me 309 and 509. Had built examples on their stand. Looked very nice

Arrived at the Big H
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Bags of scope there, a Germanic P-82.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Madoc

Great news!  And cool stuff too!

I'm still waiting for RS Models to bring out their injection moulded B&V Ae 607 like they promised to a while ago!

http://rsmodels.cz/en/modely-letadel/plastikove-modely/1-72/92087/blohm-and-voss-ae-607
Wherever you go, there you are!

Madoc

PR19,

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 03, 2017, 07:05:27 AM
Bags of scope there, a Germanic P-82.  :thumbsup:

Aye, that it does.

"Designed to fill the 'night & all weather' patrol aircraft requirements, the Me-609 Nightfighters spent many a long night's patrol mission over the irradiated and biologically contaminated wastelands that were the former Soviet Union's western-most provinces.  Though actual interceptions were rare, the constant presence of the night fighters greatly curbed the number of successful Soviet 'contamination flights' from crossing over those wastelands and reaching Reich territory to spread their deadly payloads.  The Luftwaffe was determined to prevent the further loss of Germania territory to the Anthrax or radiological contamination spread by those Red Air Force planes."
Wherever you go, there you are!

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

The interesting feature of those box illustrations is the radiator bath. It's shown fully extended, whereas in the 509 kit it fits "naturally" in the retracted position. I assume that's the situation anyway and it's not just a case of two different radiator configurations ?

Captain Canada

Hmmm, I'm sure somebody will know ! But that is great box art. Both of them. Very evocative, the first one almost looks like a Dizzy photo !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

Fixed radiators on the 609.  Certainly were on the Huma kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Quote from: Weaver on May 10, 2017, 08:51:17 PM

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RSMI92197

There's something seriously wrong with those main undercarriage gear, think that was just guess work by the model master. Too close together and 'the same size as what you'd find on a 109'  running around on an un-prepared field ---- yeah -- right!

I don't think I'll waste my money on one  ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

I must admit Zwillings don't float my boat - sorry Tophe - so I won't be getting one either. I know Mike McEvoy has bought the nightfighter version so that will probably be on the S.I.G. stand sooner or latter. Be interesting to see.