Zero egg plane almost done

Started by The Rat, March 27, 2011, 08:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

I had this brilliant idea a while back - do a cracked egg plane with a fried egg under it. I searched the net for pics and couldn't find anyone who had done it before, so I proceeded. Then I had nagging thoughts; it did seem a little obvious. So after making some inquiries I was pointed in the direction of many pictures of the same thing, I felt pretty downed out. Okay, plan #2, haven't seen this done before, so have a go at it. There is more work to be done, I need to head over to a fishing tackle place and pick up some downy yellow feathers from the fly-tying section, but once I get them and labouriously paste them all over the 'chick' things should look better. Don't know if I'll construct a full diorama with palm trees and the whole bit, but I will be writing up a back story of some sort.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

The imagination of the inhabitants of this place knows NO bounds!  ;D :cheers: :drink:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sequoiaranger

...have a VERY SICK and wonderful mind!  :party:
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

JayBee

HA!, HA!, HA!, HA!, HA!, HA!, HA!, HA!, HA!

WONDERFULL

:wub: :thumbsup: :cheers: :drink: :bow:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Cliffy B

I love it!  :thumbsup:

You should use some acrylic gel medium and tint it yellow to represent the liquid!
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

The Rat

Quote from: Cliffy B on March 27, 2011, 01:37:44 PM
I love it!  :thumbsup:

You should use some acrylic gel medium and tint it yellow to represent the liquid!

No liquid left once the chick hatches, except for some moistness on the feathers. Plus it's easier this way.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Cliffy B

D'oh!!!!!  I automatically envisioned a broken RAW egg, not a hatched chick  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

The Rat

Quote from: Cliffy B on March 27, 2011, 01:50:51 PM
D'oh!!!!!  I automatically envisioned a broken RAW egg,...

Nah, that's been done too many times, I wanted something different.

Captain Canada

Nice work Ratty ! Neat idea too !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

NARSES2

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Brilliant - just in time for Easter
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 28, 2011, 02:33:20 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Brilliant - just in time for Easter

:o Hadn't thought of that Chris, but thanks for pointing it out, I've got a deadline now that will make me get cracking![/awfulpun]  ;D

dumaniac

no doubt there will be lots of eggs yokes about this model but some of those get a bit fowl

but no worries, it will be all white in the morning

but seriously it sure is  an EGGciting concept - hope you were not couped up too long thinking of it - hope the yellow paint did not give you the run around

I guess if the egg plane had stayed in tact, it would have flown faster by putting your foot on the EGGcelotator - lots of EGGhaust gases though

would love to build the Me262 egg plane on day but I am still scratching around trying to find one

bye

JayBee

C'mon we are EGGing you on to get this finished :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!