Posting images from Photobucket

Started by NARSES2, March 29, 2011, 03:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

CANSO

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 05, 2017, 05:39:14 AM
Ok... never did that before... Now, why do they tell folks the IMG link is the one to use on forums and then do this without any warning?!? Maybe trying to get some suckers to pay the stupid amount of money they're asking for it...

Hi Dogfighter!
For previously posted photos that don't show any more use the MANUAL CHANGE OF LINK I described before.
The above photo in your latest post DOES NOT SHOW, because it doesn't have the suffix ~original in the link.
I'm changing this manually and below is the result:

That's it! :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

:o ;D I posted it during my lunch hour and didn't have the time to check but it was showing on the preview... :unsure: I used the direct link inside the img brackets like Fred/Zenrat said...

This is showing now on the preview as i'm writing this post, and i just copied the direct link, inserted in the img brackets, just like i did on my previous post...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

See?!!? I did the same thing all over again, no ~original added to the link and it's showing... i'm confused... :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Mossie

My pics are still visible.  I've got a theory; I haven't been on photobucket since before the ransom demand.  If I leave it alone, will my pics remain visible?  Or is it just a matter of time before they get around to my account?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

DogfighterZen

I wasn't active on PB for quite some time when they blocked everything, i'd already started using Imgur for a couple of months or so...
Maybe it's the number of views that some profiles get, i don't know... i just know that it sucks!!

CANSO

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 05, 2017, 12:15:07 PM

This is showing now on the preview as i'm writing this post, and i just copied the direct link, inserted in the img brackets, just like i did on my previous post...
Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 05, 2017, 12:16:52 PM
See?!!? I did the same thing all over again, no ~original added to the link and it's showing... i'm confused... :banghead:
It's not showing - at least not in my part of the Universe ;). I see the warning to update your account only. :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 05, 2017, 12:15:07 PM
:o ;D I posted it during my lunch hour and didn't have the time to check but it was showing on the preview... :unsure: I used the direct link inside the img brackets like Fred/Zenrat said...

But if you insert the '~original' text after the 'jpg it appears.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Well, i'm even more confused now... i can see the pic in my post and in the quote in yours... WTF?!? Can anyone else see it?

PR19_Kit

I can't see it in your original post but I can in my quote because I added the '~original' text to your link in the post.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 05, 2017, 03:02:11 PM
I can't see it in your original post but I can in my quote because I added the '~original' text to your link in the post.

How's this possible? I can see the pic without the mod, on my post and on Canso's post... Why can't others see it?

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on July 05, 2017, 12:33:59 PM
My pics are still visible.  I've got a theory; I haven't been on photobucket since before the ransom demand.  If I leave it alone, will my pics remain visible?  Or is it just a matter of time before they get around to my account?

No I could say the same, but I got hit anyway. I think it depends on the amount of link traffic each account is getting.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

DogfighterZen

Ok, the pic's gone now... it was showing last night, just like when i posted it the first time...
Do they have a way of knowing if pics are being shared and where they're put up?

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Well spotted Alastair.  :thumbsup:

A pity they didn't do an add-on for IE11 too, but it certainly seems to work with Chrome, nice one.  ;D

I'm also able to see avatars that have been blank for ages too, even better.

Regards
Kit