Posting images from Photobucket

Started by NARSES2, March 29, 2011, 03:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Copperchopper - a chopper flown by the coppers. :D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

NARSES2

Right as Photobucket has changed I thought I'd post this amended set of "how to do"

Log onto your PB account and go to the Library

Go to the picture you wish to post and place the cursor over the "image" code at the bottom of the thumbnail. It's the 2nd one.

Double click on the link and copy.

Go to your site post and simply paste the link in the post.

That's it lads.

There may be easier ways but this works for me and is nice and simple  ;D
Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

If I'm in the album, i have to click on this little 'cog' thing at the top right hand corner, then click the 'show links' button, then choose the .img option.

If I'm on said photo itself, the options are on the side and the .img code is the last one.

Either way, it's defo more dificult and confusing than the old way, and sometimes the photos won't show up in my album until I leave and come back.

Like everything else on the 'web I guess....always changing !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Yup that's what I found Capt and it is more confusing now. Found the option of using the library quicker
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Checking today the "new" photobucket, reading the Support section, I discovered that they will scramble filenames of the uploaded photos unless you deselect the option in the user-settings/privacy section. PROBLEM: I cannot find that section under any of the scroll-down menus.
Most of the users (looking at the comments) are disgusted and seem to have any sort of problems.
Also, the new is uselessly complicated, I won't use it anymore, any suggestion fof another photo upload site?
Pls, check for yourself, I just wanted to give a warning.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

CANSO

Quote from: loupgarou on February 13, 2013, 02:59:42 PM
PROBLEM: I cannot find that section under any of the scroll-down menus.
I the new bucket you have to do the following steps:
1. Open the bucket wit your password
2. Go to your user name (top right, where the icon with your avatar or photo is)
3. Click on your user name
4. In the drop-down menu choose User Settings
5. A new window opens. In the menu under the title "Personal information" (top left) choose Privacy
6. A new window opens. Uncheck the box under For Future Uploads
7. Use responsibly! ;)
Cheers!

Captain Canada

Thanks for the tip Canso, but I haven't had any issues with that part of it. What my current problem is, it won't let me copy the darn link ! Change isn't always better....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

CANSO

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 13, 2013, 06:53:53 PM
Thanks for the tip Canso, but I haven't had any issues with that part of it. What my current problem is, it won't let me copy the darn link ! Change isn't always better....
:cheers:
:blink: Captain, actually I tried to answer a question from another posting (the one of loupgarou below yours). Did I mess up again? :drink:

loupgarou

Quote from: CANSO on February 13, 2013, 06:20:52 PM
Quote from: loupgarou on February 13, 2013, 02:59:42 PM
PROBLEM: I cannot find that section under any of the scroll-down menus.
I the new bucket you have to do the following steps:
1. Open the bucket wit your password
2. Go to your user name (top right, where the icon with your avatar or photo is)
3. Click on your user name
4. In the drop-down menu choose User Settings
5. A new window opens. In the menu under the title "Personal information" (top left) choose Privacy
6. A new window opens. Uncheck the box under For Future Uploads
7. Use responsibly! ;)
Cheers!

Thanks, Canso.
The "instructions" given in the site seemed to indicate that the user settings were under one of the scrll down menu.
As I am (was) only using PB to upload images to forums - I wouldn't dream of using an external fly-by-night site as real archive of my photos - they have just complicated things. Also finding the link to copy is slower than before. A real backward progress.  :angry:
I'll be looking for another one, and would be glad of any suggestion.

KIT: we were mostly using Imageshack at the Airfix Collecting Forum, but discovered that old images had disappeared.....
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on February 14, 2013, 01:23:32 AM
KIT: we were mostly using Imageshack at the Airfix Collecting Forum, but discovered that old images had disappeared.....

I've found that sometimes too, with no logical reason being available for the loss of images. But later on they came back again! I've got so much stuff posted up there that it costs me these days too, which is a bit of a disadvantage, but not enough for me to switch sites................. yet.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Another option is Facebook.

Create an album. Set you privacy if you want, I set mine to 'me only'. Add photos. Right click, copy, and then use the little Mona Lisa icon above and paste !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

You can post photos on Twitter and link them to other websites such as this one. They can't be huge otherwise they won't upload, but the limit is still a decent size. The problem with Twitter is that everything's chronological, so it might take you a while to find an old photo.

I've just started using an alternative social media site called Minds, which has features of Twitter, Facebook, Photobucket and Blogger. You have timelines and groups like other sites, but you also have a gallery feature than works like Photobucket, and you can have your own blog page too. Seems pretty good. It's in beta at the moment, so I don't know if there are going to be storage/file-size limits at some point.

You can find it here: www.minds.com
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

MichelC

What now?

Botofucket, er...photbucket wants 400 bucks a year for 3P hosting. Any alternatives?

M

Hobbes

I'm paying €25/year for 1 GB of space in which I can host my own website (www.acme-engineering.nl). I upload the photos I want to show to that site. No ads, no changes in URLs that I didn't ask for.