SuperChopper?

Started by sotoolslinger, March 30, 2011, 04:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thiel

Btw, do you know if anyone has a 1:76 OTO 76/62SR on the market?

sotoolslinger

Arkon, that's where I heard that word ;D I couldn't remember where I got that from :blink:
SKL it will have two sets of wings.The rear will be longer than the front and have longer ranged missles :wacko:
For armament I will have the rotary gun on the front, at the transition between the HIND and the Bullfrog will be a big rotary cannon slung from the bottom , at least 4 door gunners(maybe 5) .I am also seriously considering (read I just got to find one) putting a 75 mm tail stinger on her :wacko:
Howard of E I would think that the naval versions would have folding rotors but I am really not that up on my helicopter tech.
Thiel I don't know what that is?
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

saintkatanalegacy

Quote from: sotoolslinger on April 01, 2011, 05:55:25 AM
Arkon, that's where I heard that word ;D I couldn't remember where I got that from :blink:
SKL it will have two sets of wings.The rear will be longer than the front and have longer ranged missles :wacko:
For armament I will have the rotary gun on the front, at the transition between the HIND and the Bullfrog will be a big rotary cannon slung from the bottom , at least 4 door gunners(maybe 5) .I am also seriously considering (read I just got to find one) putting a 75 mm tail stinger on her :wacko:
Howard of E I would think that the naval versions would have folding rotors but I am really not that up on my helicopter tech.
Thiel I don't know what that is?

I guess we think the same way ;) :cheers:
Ivylicious!™

sotoolslinger

Nice is that a ships cannon?
I amuse me.

Thiel

Quote from: sotoolslinger on April 01, 2011, 10:14:57 AM
Nice is that a ships cannon?
Yup. nothing says die like getting hit by 85 3" shells in less than 55s.

Silverfox

This is relevant to my interests :D
I shall be watching closely!!

sotoolslinger

Thanks Fox  :thumbsup: Just some boring stuff today .
Modified the Frogs cockpit to have a passthrough as it will now be a WSO station

Interior paint

Some dudes

Got the rear engine exhausts in and closed the tail

Need a lot more dudes :blink: Gotta go through the parts bins tommorrow
I amuse me.

Captain Canada

Now this one is getting cooler by the hour.....

:wub:

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sotoolslinger

Thanks Bubba  :wub: I had to do the 40 mile trip to get the taxes done :banghead: today so no actual buildup. I did have a chance to sort through the parts stash  :thumbsup:
Lots o load out :party:

Found the 1/35 tri barrel from the Super Cobra.This will be the new nose gun ;)

Also found the rear wings. Guess what those come from :unsure:

Various and sundry dudes  :blink: I hate doing figures :banghead:

The lower turret bits , a 3 or 4 barrel 40-60 mm cannon :drink:

I will use my two existing 4 barrel 12.7 mm guns from the Hinds as door guns but I will still need other rotaries so found bits

I amuse me.

Cobra

this is Looking Cool,Menacing,and Ready to Fight! This Super Chopper kinda gives me a 'Thunderbirds' feel. Can't wait to see more! Dan :cheers: :cheers:

saintkatanalegacy

with that many guns, it needs a pirate flag!!!
Ivylicious!™

sotoolslinger

Thanks Dan :thumbsup: SKL it just so happens I have pirate flags :wacko: ;D
I amuse me.

Weaver

Awesome project Ron - Rear wings from a Star Wars B-wing?  :blink:

That gun Thiel referred to is an OTO-Melara 76mm Super-rapid naval gun. Weighs 7.5 tons and can fire bursts at 120 rounds per minute (of 76mm...... :o). Don't know what the recoil force is, but I bet it's not trivial.... It's the most popular naval gun in the world, even the USN uses them (well the earlier 85 RPM version to be exact) on Perrys and Pegasus PHMs.

The thing with a tail stinger on a helo is that you've just flow over whoever you're shooting at, relatively slowly and very noisily, so you really want to take them out quick before they shove a SAM-7 up your tail ramp. If you've got lots of space and weight to spare, some kind of low-velocity carpet-bombing weapon might be most appropriate, say two 40mm grenade launchers on a common mount.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

You got the wings in one Weave :thumbsup: :wub: Just for funsies (and cause I think I can find one ) I was thinking a 75 mm cannon for the stinger :wacko:.
A little, short one like towed from WW-1 (I forget the name :blink:) Modernized to shoot proximity burst /fleshette rounds to cover incoming troops being recovered  :o :-\ :blink:
I amuse me.