C-130 "strange" variants .... need help !!

Started by Deino, June 04, 2004, 11:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

QuoteI've got the 1975 edition of Project Cancelled, it describes BAC.222 but with no illustrations.
Blast!  I know I've seen the three view somewhere and I'd've sworn it was there.  I hope someone can supply it, it's rather annoying to know you've seen something like that and not remember where.  :wacko:  
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

has anyone seen any ga. drawings of unusual C.130 variants such as those above? it'll be cool to have a go modelling them!!! (im already tempted by the 'baby herc'  :wub: )

happy modelling, cheers, joe  :ph34r:  

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Leigh

Well rumours abound that seeing as the M.O.D. have decided that the R.A.F. don't actually need planes they'll be selling off all the Hercules to Mr. Whippy to be used as ice cream vans.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

lancer

QuoteWell rumours abound that seeing as the M.O.D. have decided that the R.A.F. don't actually need planes they'll be selling off all the Hercules to Mr. Whippy to be used as ice cream vans.
Actually I thought they were going to MFI for deliveries of stuff to places like the Outer Hebridies and such like.
The Mr. Whippy idea was looked at but it was decided that due to the lenght and average condition of the average road in Britian, the C130 (I) - for ice cream- would not be feasible.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

The Mr. Whippy idea was looked at but it was decided that due to the lenght and average condition of the average road in Britian, the C130 (I) - for ice cream- would not be feasible.
I still wouldnt put it past them...................
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lancer

I still wouldnt put it past them...................
Me either mate, me either.
I was thinking last night about how they'd get the ice creams to those that wanted them. Would they employ LAPES by any chane
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Davey B

Nah, what you really need is a V-22 with a reight long 'ose...  :dum:  :dum:  

elmayerle

QuoteNah, what you really need is a V-22 with a reight long 'ose...  :dum:  :dum:
Nah, go "one better" with the "quad tiltrotor" that the Bell/Boeing team is offering to replace all H-47 variants.

Tophe

Quotehas anyone seen any ga. drawings of unusual C.130 variants? it'll be cool to have a go modelling them!!! (im already tempted by the 'baby herc'  :wub: )
Lockheed L-400, from AviMag 701 (March 1977) :
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

QuoteI would suspect that the C-141 derived from such studies. I've no proof, but it seems plasuible and the time is right.
From Air International December 1974 :

Tophe

Quotehas anyone seen any ga. drawings of unusual C.130 variants?
Hercules airliner...
L-100-30 Super Hercules for 80 passengers :

TsrJoe

waw very cool Christophe...many thanks...now where did i put that stash of old Airfix 'Hercs'...

has anyone out there got an artists impression or a drawing showing a RR.Tyne engined Herc. ? that is definately one on my to-do list ! (itll go with my AW.681!)

elmayerle

Quotewaw very cool Christophe...many thanks...now where did i put that stash of old Airfix 'Hercs'...

has anyone out there got an artists impression or a drawing showing a RR.Tyne engined Herc. ? that is definately one on my to-do list ! (itll go with my AW.681!)

Perhaps the Putnam book on Lockheed Aircraft.  Darnit, I *know* I've seen a 3-view of that one somewhere, but I can't remember where!

Tophe

QuotePerhaps the Putnam book on Lockheed Aircraft.
Not found in the 1987 edition, sorry... :(