BAe Pegasus Air base in 1/72 ( New pictures 08/11 )

Started by Project D, April 05, 2011, 12:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Project D

Just finished my first whif!  and it cost nothing at all  ;D My fiance came home from work for lunch with 1/72 airfix harrier gr1 that one of her regular customers dropped off when she came in to collect her prescription and said she may have more she can drop off as she is ceaning out her garage for the summer. I've not really altered much to the harrier as i don't have many spares but i've managed to create a reasonable recon plane. I'll post some pics later when the paints dried.

Project D

Paints finally dried and i've took some photos now  <_< So this is the first aircraft modified by Pegasus and it's the BAe Harrier PR.2  :thumbsup: also built a chase car similar to the gtos used with the u-2s but based it on a 911.

McColm

Project D

Tried a few night shots now i got the lamposts working but most of the pics turned out rubbish so i'm going to play around withthe camera.

McColm

tc2324

Started looking at this post thinking it`s very well done and an excellent idea, but wasn`t sure about the `whif` factor. After looking at your recent posts I`m loving the whacky Harrier and the Canberra looks great from what I can see of it so far.  :wub:

Going to be keeping a close eye on this one. Well done. :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Project D

Thanksfor the comments, i thought i'd slip it into the background as a hint of my my next build  ;) I have just been given a 1/72 2 seat meteor but i'm stuck for ideas of what to do to it  :unsure:

McColm

Could be used for testing different materials on it's wings.

Hobbes

You could use the Martin Baker Meteor for inspiration (ie ejection seat trials).

Project D

Got plans for a composite material plane already  ;) may build it as a chase plane in the mb black and gold scheme. finished the tarmac on the west end now so just taxi lines and flood lights to do before pictures tomorrow.

Project D

Couldn't help having a little play tonight but i did take some photos of the work done today. Don't think i'm too far off from being finished now really apart from a small few details to tidy up.

Project D

Just building up my control panel for the lights and was wondering if anyone could tell me what colour lights i'd need for the taxi way as i'll be fitting the lights this weekend which means the diorama will finally be finished.

McColm

Taxiway lighting:
Edge lights steady blue -75 feet apart
Centreline steady green - 50 to 100 feet apart, closer together on curves.

Hman

I like your set up, the UK's Area 51! :thumbsup:
"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

Project D

Thanks McColm, done marking out and ordered the LEDs and i'm picking them up tomorrow so should be done sat/sun hopefully. Thanks Hman should hopefully have a few tourists from the ranch when i'm finished  ;) Also i'd just like to say a big thanks to everyone whos commented as all these hav really made this project worthwhile and willed me to keep up the work, so thanks everyone  :thumbsup: