BAe Pegasus Air base in 1/72 ( New pictures 08/11 )

Started by Project D, April 05, 2011, 12:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Glad to be of service, now that I know what can be done acheived in a limited space. I too can use this idea to display some of my creations. Still going to need a second pasting table to lay the track in an oval shape with sidings and storage. Using some spare timber shelves added underneath so I can store my stash and firm up the legs of the table.

Project D

I look forward to the pics  ;) got a few of the electris done but i've ran out of solder now and i can't get anymore. Took a few pics of the work thats been done so i'll let the pics do the talking.

trekaddict

Is that an F-19A Ghost Rider of Red Storm Rising fame?

Project D

Certainly is  ;D courtesy of my new elderly supplier along with a 1/48 version which i intend to make into a twin seat side by side bomber at some stage.

McColm

Great pics,
That B-2 looks right even if it isn't the same scale as the others. :cheers:

Project D

I wasn't sure at first but then after a bit of reading i thought why not use it as tr-3b from area 51 and now its grown on me and i plan to spray it matte black and put it in usaf markings but with a twist  ;) got  jaguar t2 that i may let some one build up for the base as i'm struggling adter  weekend of building 5 cctv cameras to go on the buildings around the base.

Supertom

Wow.  This is freaking way cool.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Project D

Thanks everyone  <_< I had an idea this morning while i was building the briefing room, would it be possible to take this to shows when it is fully completed? thought it would be a bit of a change at a model show from the same cloth covered tables and encourage a few more looks.

McColm

Perhaps some carrying handles screwed to the sides and some trim around three sides to stop small fingers from pinching your models when on display.

Project D

I'll have to look into making it suitable for shows in the future. I've built a 60cm x 30cm extension of the east end of the base but i can't think of anything to build it up as.

McColm

Now lets see;
Fuel depot
extra hangers
carparking
shops
taxi way
canal
Branch Station (could lay a straight piece of track down with a tunnel mouth)
Hard stands
jet wash stand
crash vehicles

trekaddict

Project D

I like the sound of protestors, bit more like a British area 51  ;) Think i'll go with a high hill top over looking the base at the far end with a few civvies with tents set up and a small pen for jet washing and doing engine tests and maybe a wapons store too

Mr.Creak

You need a bunch of spotters in anoraks. The type who claim that you're operating reverse-engineered UFOs from the base.
And a black helicopter to chase them away.
What if... I had a brain?

Project D

Finished painting my anoraks up for spotting on the hill, i used some of the airfix desert rat troops so i've got a few walking about, a guy with binoculars and another with a metal detector seatching for engine parts in the hillside which i'll write a story for later  ;) just got to build a helicopter up now to chase them away but i'm not sure if a gazzelle or lynx would suit the role. Also got hold of a vulcan now so i just need to find a B-1 forward fuselarge and a 1/48 ef111 tail and some modern landing gear now if anyone know where i'd be able to find the parts as i don't really want to buy 2 or 3 extra kits just for a couple of parts to build up my stealth vulcan.