BAe Pegasus Air base in 1/72 ( New pictures 08/11 )

Started by Project D, April 05, 2011, 12:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

Top work. Have to agree, that B-2 looks fab. :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Project D

Thought I'd try write a few back stories for some of the aircraft seen at Woodford  :thumbsup: This report is by one of the spotters who goes to Woods rise overlooking the base on a regular basis.

Northrop's AMC Design
The AMC as it's known by stands for - Advanced Manned Concept, Northrop apparently was developing an aircraft that would actually replace the F-15E  Eagle beyond 2020. The shape of the aircraft very much so resembles the shape of a 'broken diamond'. Black Project Researchers do not know what to do in the way of answers covering the Deep Black Project called the 'Black Diamond' and if it is an ongoing or cancelled Project? But, regarding the AMC's Shape and Design, is this what witnesses have been seeing when they described their sighting as the TR-3A 'Black Manta'

Northrop has even patented the 'broken diamond' shape design as D365-545.
We do also know that the AMC was indeed developed and maybe still being developed and tested at Area 51 located at Groom Lake, Nevada and RAF Woodford, UK. According to a worker from RAF Woodford, the AMC was being developed and tested only a few hundred meters away from another black Project being developed by BAe. BAe owns Hangar S-4 while Northrop own Hangar S-2. Who owns Hangar S-3 we don't know, we don't even know if there is a Hangar S-3!

The AMC is believed to be approximately 50-60ft long making it the same size as many of today's fighters.

The Northrop AMC is believed to be a joint program or has affiliations with a British Aerospace Systems(Formerly BAe) Program. Several reports by black project enthusiast and aviation spotters including a video suggest BAe might be involved with the AMC and similar American projects. The Reports show the exact shape and configuration of the AMC in USAF Insignia and colors while on tour of the UK at RAF Woodford. If this is true, then the AMC could be the aircraft involved in 'near misses' with civil aircraft over UK Skies.

Let me know what you all think  :thumbsup:

McColm

Where did S-3 come from?
Are the Hangers 1, 3 or 5?

Project D

I'd not noticed that  :banghead: was half asleep when i wrote it and i intended to call then Hangars S-? with the S meaning specials. I've been building S-4 and I plan to build S-2 and S-3 when i buy another table for an extension.

Not made much progress on the base as my dirty bird canberra ditracted me and i was sucked into building it up.

McColm

They could have band practise in S-3, well it would be an improvement on the last gig they played.
(The Specials)

upnorth

I quite like the look of the F-16 with the forward hinged canopy. Very much like the early MiG-21.

The whole project looks very nice. :thumbsup:
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Project D

I didn't think anyone would notice a subtle modification like that on the f-16 but thankyou  <_< I'd just like to thank everyone for reading my topic and for the kind and supportive comments as they really do make the hard work worth while and inspire me to continue the work.

On another note i've bought another table the same size and i've decided to let the readers decide what i should build on this new half of the base rather than me just placea few hangars and taxi ways. I've decided to make the smaller extention i built into a rail freight depot now i have another table. Just to clarify the completed layout to everyone, the current table will be at the front with the new table behind and the rail freight depot coming off the left side of the new table. So all sugestions are welcome and the best ones will be used on the new section.

Project D

Spent most of today builing my vulcan and wondered what everyone thought of the idea of lights fitted to it?

McColm

Lights in the cockpit or weapons bay. Or safety lights to stop workers from walking into it on those dark nights.

Project D

Well i was planning to give it the afterburning engines from the concorde and have it doing engine tests with the afterburners lit and the normal marker lights and undercarriage lights fitted to it.

Weaver

It's a brilliant piece of work - well done!  :thumbsup:

My vote is for a Gazelle with a side-mounted, remote-controlled GPMG for the black helicopter. Kind of like a British version of those OH-6s with remote miniguns mounted on the rear side door:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Weaver on September 11, 2011, 04:16:36 AM
It's a brilliant piece of work - well done!  :thumbsup:

My vote is for a Gazelle with a side-mounted, remote-controlled GPMG for the black helicopter. Kind of like a British version of those OH-6s with remote miniguns mounted on the rear side door:

thats a great idea, i have a gun leftover from a Italeri OH-6 and i got an airfix gazelle in the stash, thanks for the idea :D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Project D

Thanks for the idea  :thumbsup: i'll look into it after i finish the vulcan. Not too far from finishing it now, just need the ef-111 football and maybe some SLAR pods and a way to build a hump from the canopy to the tail.

Project D

Took some time out of building this morning to make a few more profiles of my future projects so i don't forget them. Let me know what you all think of them  :thumbsup: Credit for the profiles must go to Maverick, Sideshowbob9 and Karlick, i hope what I've done is not against any rules. See if you can guess the base aircraft of the profiles  ;)

PR-19-D (Pending permission)
After reading Kits PR-19 story i began to think what if the PR-19 had been taken in the same approach as the U-2 when the TR-1s were produced. Hopefully with Kits kind permission i can use the PR-19 name, design and guidance to produce this later version.

Super Tornado
Next is my idea of a Super Tornado used as a dedicated bomber that is 50% bigger than the normal Tornado and does not have variable geometry wings fitted. I plan to finish it in this colour scheme as it appears to be being prepared to attend an exercise in Norway and i like the look and contrast of the Artic scheme against the normal grey.

BAe Ferret
My idea for a small supply aircraft for delivering small but urgent deliveries to and from the base.

PR-7 Vulcan
This is what my updated Vulcan Will finally look like when i finish it or i will try and get it as close as i can to this design.

Buccaneer "NightBird"
Some of you may have seen this page before: http://www.dreamlandresort.com/black_projects/boscombe.htm I was intrigued by this story and i decided to have a go at the Nightbird Buccaneer mentioned in the story and use it for testing new weapons at the base for NDI ( a weapons branch of Pegasus which I'll write about later )

AL-3B Orion
I'm not sure what i should do about this yet, i originally wanted to build it as a BAe test frame for the laser system for the F-35 but now I'm swinging towards a USAF operational missile hunter at the base for an exercise

E-1D Valiant
After doing updated versions of the Vulcan and Victor and with airfixs new kit of the Valiant becoming available, i couldn't leave this one out of the pack. The idea is the same as the other two using updated cockpits and software etc. but this aircraft is built as an ELINT platfrom to compliment the new V-force .

Let me know what you all think and any suggestions for improvement  <_<

Mr.Creak

Quote from: Project D on September 17, 2011, 04:00:19 AM

Super Tornado
Next is my idea of a Super Tornado used as a dedicated bomber that is 50% bigger than the normal Tornado and does not have variable geometry wings fitted. I plan to finish it in this colour scheme as it appears to be being prepared to attend an exercise in Norway and i like the look and contrast of the Artic scheme against the normal grey.
Ooh, I like this.
Vigilante-ish.

BAe Ferret
My idea for a small supply aircraft for delivering small but urgent deliveries to and from the base.
This is fantastic. I'd never thought of the Rotodyne as purely fixed wing before but it definitely works.
What if... I had a brain?