Mirage 2000 "Shal'hevet" 1/72

Started by dams301, April 12, 2011, 03:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dams301

Hi all,

This my new project before attacking an expo this weekend :thumbsup:
QuoteIn 1986 Israel decided to replace some of these older Mirage III. After many discussions politics, the Hebrew State obtained the lifting of the embargo and urges negotiations with Dassault.
The Mirage 2000 has just entered into service in the Air Force, a pilot is sent to test the aircraft. On his return he was so impressed with this aircraft that Israel ordered a first tranche of 45 aircraft equipped with radar RDI just developed. In 1997, the units are upgraded after the arrival of the third tranche consisting of Mirage 2000-7 (which lies between the 2000-5 and 2000-9 on). The upgrade regards the RDI replaced by the RDY-3 more efficient and to make the Mica and make the ground attack, a new avionics and new computers. These devices are not equipped with air refueling boom were equipped in by recovering the Kfir retired, they also provided new canard to increase maneuverability at low speeds. The reactor is not left Israel since financed the project of development of the Snecma engine, the new engine now develops 12 tons of thrust with PC.
The aircraft received a 3-tone camo that was provided at the base for F-16 that had to be ordered if the 2000 was not chosen.

The aircraft presented here is a plane of Tayeset 119 "Bat. "

A Mirage 2000 with F-16 style camo :wub:
It's been a while since I think for a Rafale, and as I had a wreck of Mirage 2000, I crossed the step last Saturday.

Some picture of the work :

Hope you like it :cheers:
Damien

ChernayaAkula

Anything Mirage 2000 gets my vote!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

dams301

Thanks ;)

New pictures with an attenuation of the pre-shading

Before :

After :

Damien

Slerski

Mirage Deux-Miiiiiiiiilleuh !!! Me liky very very much
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

dams301

Quote« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »
J'adore cette expression ;D
C'est vrai que le 2000 est un bel avion :wub:

More pics to come soon  ;)

GTX

I'm not really sure I understand the different refuelling probe arrangement given the Mirage 2000 already has a better solution:

Can you please explain?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

dams301

You're right but I have only  2 or 3 refuelling probe for 5 Mirage 2000B/C/D, so in the story I have imagine the installation of this refueling boom that can be seen on some versions of the Mirage III/5/50 ;)

Gondor

Why not say that the French supplied the aircraft without refuelling probes but the Israelis being as adaptive as they are added their own, it even looks like the version of refuelling probe added to the Phantom and Kfir.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ChernayaAkula

Don't know why, but the pic Greg posted has left me with an inexplicable urge to go watch "Chevaliers du Ciel" again.  :wub:

Quote from: dams301 on April 12, 2011, 11:45:10 AM
<...>

Does it mean" A bored armourer is a dangerous armourer"? That's the sorry remnants of my French lessons at work there, so I'm not exactly sure.
If it does indeed mean what I think it means, HERE'S video evidence.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

dams301

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 12, 2011, 04:43:26 PM
Does it mean" A bored armourer is a dangerous armourer"?

Yes, I'm not bilingual but I think that is what comes closest. Thanks for the video, it goes immediatly in my favorites :thumbsup:

dams301

Slerski

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 12, 2011, 04:43:26 PM
Don't know why, but the pic Greg posted has left me with an inexplicable urge to go watch "Chevaliers du Ciel" again.  :wub:

<...>

Does it mean" A bored armourer is a dangerous armourer"? That's the sorry remnants of my French lesson at work there, so I'm not exactly sure.
If it does indeed mean what I think it means, HERE'S video evidence.

That's one of many, many and many evidences... Remember one thing : at the end, Mister Pilot read some serious technical brochure about aircraft (and the mechs took the pastis  ;D).

We love to do some "static display" with ammunition someting like these :

C'est vrai que le 2000 est un bel avion :wub:

More pics to come soon  ;)

The Deux-mille is quite beautiful, but it's the begining of electronics inside plane, and the petaf basically dislikes electronics. I prefer the Mirage F1 and the Jaguar (which was known to have the most powerful inboard calculator ever created : her pilot  :lol:)
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Army of One

Looks great.....!!! Wanna see it finished....!!  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

dams301

anthonyp

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man