As discussed ( disgust?) at Cosford

Started by Dork the kit slayer, April 13, 2011, 07:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

Kit,Martin ,et al enjoy.  

Considered by many my finest work**

This is a little known Irish Airforce F 86 that was used in the often forgotten "Eurovision war"

The F 86 airframes were pirate copies of the Matchbox kit procured from a sweatshop somewhere in North Africa and refurbished as a moonlighter by boy scouts in the Ballyforgoten chapter of the IPMS and heritage group.
This craic Sabre squadron was based at Craggyroque until it was noticed that the squadron crest was a serpent so they were expelled by the ,then ,Prime minister St Patrick the something(who apparently had a thing about snakes).

They were subsequently based in Liverpool (maybe why there were no wheels in my kit) at Speke airport ( now John Lennon international)
Taking on the squadron nickname " the Mickey mousers" the crest proudly displayed on the tail of all but six of the seven airframes.

The wing warning stencils are of note,they are not as, has been published on other sites , a reference to the "Riverdance" but rather the old Gallic warning of Don't waulk don't waulk don't waulk.

Colours used; the overall silver being a Tamiya acrylic and the trim is in Graham Green ( its like Kelly green only made by a man in Havana)

** that should read NOT many.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on April 13, 2011, 07:50:40 AM
Considered by many my finest work**

I don't know if it is your finest. But it is CERTAINLY FINE! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

Doc Yo

I think I'm getting about half the jokes in the text, but thats alright-what  I do get is pretty damn clever.  :thumbsup:

Nice looking Sabre, too!

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, LOVE it!

Now I get all the references you made on Sunday, magic stuff.  ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Ouch ouch ouch..... ;) 
I'm not sure which is better, the model or the backstory!  ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Excellent. The old Matchbox kit scrubs up quite well.   Love the back story.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.