Jolly Rogers Flancat

Started by su27rules, April 24, 2011, 02:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Beauty....she looks right at home in those markings ! I love the colours, and the way the demarcation....also digging the weapons load.

How did you paint the burner cans and heat shields ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

su27rules

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 24, 2011, 06:23:51 PM
Beauty....she looks right at home in those markings ! I love the colours, and the way the demarcation....also digging the weapons load.
How did you paint the burner cans and heat shields ?
:cheers:   

Burner cans and heat shields are hand-brush painted with different layers of MM colours, MM steel as base colour and then many different shades of black,burnt metal,blue metalizer over that base colour........

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: su27rules on April 24, 2011, 11:49:17 AM
Zvezda Flanker kits are so hard to work with it and very crude and tick,wrong shapes and wrong dimensions on all of the parts inbox, parts on sprues are tick and all joints are very bad,raised panel lines and no details at all!! I putting and putting and putting and putting and putting it for hours and hours.......(sorry for my bad english)

Ouch! That does sound like a LOAD of work!  :o Makes your build even more impressive.  :bow:

What kinds of weapons were included in the kit? I've looked high and low for some in-box review or even list of the kit's contents, but couldn't find anything.
Are they better than the rest of the kit? Thought about getting one of the Zvezda Su-30s for the weapons (especially the AS-20 Kayak).
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Army of One

Moritz.....I have a number of different Flanker kits in my stash...some Italeri and some Zvezda......if you want pics of box contents PM me an email addy and I will photo the contents and send them.....be the next few days if you want as I am working nights at the moment........H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ChernayaAkula

^ Thanks for the offer!  :thumbsup: PM about to be sent!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

su27rules

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 25, 2011, 03:16:09 PM
Ouch! That does sound like a LOAD of work!  :o Makes your build even more impressive.  :bow:

Tnx!!
Yes so much work for so bad plastic kit.....Whole kit is so bad that hurts.

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 25, 2011, 03:16:09 PM
....What kinds of weapons were included in the kit? I've looked high and low for some in-box review or even list of the kit's contents, but couldn't find anything.Are they better than the rest of the kit? Thought about getting one of the Zvezda Su-30s for the weapons (especially the AS-20 Kayak).

You must buy Su-30KN 1:72 Zvezda kit if you want more different weapons in the box.

Supertom

It looks really darn good!  Great job!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

pyro-manic

Quote from: Ed S on April 24, 2011, 04:48:31 PM
Nice one.  Why is that the Flanker looks so good in Tomcat markings?

Ed

The Flanker looks good in anything. ;D

Superb work! :thumbsup: :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

dams301

Yeah... A Jolly-Roger's aircraft :wub:

Great job, I love this :thumbsup:

FAR148

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

reddfoxx

Great!  Looks just right in those markings.