QANTAS Westland Rotodyne Mark 1

Started by Aircav, June 09, 2004, 09:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotorheadTX

elmayerle,

That is a very valid point, and one that I suppose I should have thought of. (D'oh - Crap!!)  :dum:

You're quite right, and so to my mind a sound answer would be T-56's from the C-130. MacNamara would have loved that for all-service-branch standardization, and it would make sense for the RAAF too........

I'm going to use 5-bladed Spitfire props on mine, just because they look so cool, but in hindsight I should have sought out some C-130 bits.

Looks like an own goal for me. :wacko:  

madmike

I went for Rolls Royce Dart engines as used on the F-27 Fokker Friendship aircraft. This was taken direct from John Baxter's book by permission.

The logical upgrade would be to use C-130 powerplants!

Tony has sent me some 5 bladed props from a Spitfire kit. They are smaller bladed than the Eland props from the kit but as Tony said, they look great!

My next "what if" will be an RAAF F-20A Tigersnake (F-20 Tigershark Aussie version)

:cheers:

MikeJ

nev

If you're gunna name it after a snake, surely the Australian Death Adder would be the one to go for?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

madmike

Nev

The Death Adder is not as lethal as a Tiger Snake (most species of Tiger Snake, that is). My wife wants to call it a Taipan which are truly a lethal snake.

Western Australian Tiger Snake
Toxicity of Aussie Snakes

I have seen a number of Tiger Snakes, we live across the road from a wetland/lake reserve and they are quite distinctive in colour!

I wanted some of the Tiger heritage of the F-20 still in place. It was designated an F-5G at one stage.

:cheers:

MikeJ