World of Tanks- Tank Action Kitbash

Started by dy031101, April 26, 2011, 08:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dy031101

Sure.

New acquisition:

I ended up letting curiosity get the best of me but do not regret it.  The fact that it is armed with the same 75mm gun of a stock Sherman or upgraded Lee didn't end up irking me all that much- maybe because it's much tougher than a Sherman but faster than a Jumbo Sherman, allowing me to rain more shots upon my target.  It could also be because I'm starting (just starting) to figure out which part of an enemy tank to shoot at.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

lenny100

ok you win i am playing now but sticking to the german lines, one each of the tanks, mobile guns, and anti tank guns,
play as lenny100uk
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

dy031101

I play under the same handle as the forum one.  ;)

VK3601(H), forerunner to the vaunted Tiger I.

Touted as the best mid-tier German tank in the game, I found it to be fiendishly slow and sluggish in its stock form.  Hopefully I can find out how good it can be when I have clearance to better engine as well bigger turret and gun (tanks I get into matches against tend to be able to bounce Pzgr 39 off ever since I acquired the Panzer III/IV).

====================

To-do list here

dy031101

This VK3601(H) now has a KwK 42, which also requires a bigger turret.  Hope it would perform better than the Kwk 40......

====================

To-do list here

arkon

how do you get the ingame pic of your tank? i would like to do the same.
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

dy031101

Quote from: arkon on November 01, 2011, 03:24:34 PM
how do you get the ingame pic of your tank? i would like to do the same.

The good o'le "Print Screen" button.  The game is designed to make use of it.  :thumbsup:

I would totally look forward to seeing tanks of others, too.  :cheers:  :thumbsup:

This isn't my tank, but I found the look of VK3001(H) interesting (I don't necessarily mean the custom skin depicted below; it also has a 105mm CS howitzer) as well:

====================

To-do list here

Wyrmshadow

google some hitbox tank skins. It's a 250meg download but well worth it for the knowledge of where to hit tanks to do the most damage.
Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/

dy031101

Another curiosity purchase, right up there with the T14.

In one of the matches prior to the purchase my T14 was paired with a Matilda...... and for some reason the match feels awesome.  Now I can't get the idea of pairing the two off my head although such a scenario was never repeated so far.

And it appears that the upgunned Matilda existed in actual hardware, too.  Albeit a prototype, according to what I heard.

Overall it does exactly what everyone said it does- kill other tanks of its tier and below.  And for some reason I don't easily get frustrated with it as I tend to with Jumbo Sherman...... it might be because I tend to play Jumbo Sherman offensively...... and I'm unwilling to spend 11000 EXP. to upgrade its engine.  Also, Matildas don't tend to get matched up against the likes of Tiger II or even E-75 whereas Jumbo Shermans do.

====================

To-do list here

Wyrmshadow

It looks like they stuck a T-34's 76mm on there instead of the 6 pounder IRL.

dy031101

Quote from: Wyrmshadow on November 04, 2011, 02:47:24 AM
It looks like they stuck a T-34's 76mm on there instead of the 6 pounder IRL.

For all we know, F-34, ZiS-5, ZiS-96...... they could all be variations of one another.

If the real-life supply of 75mm gun to the Soviets weren't sufficient, their M4 Sherman regunned with F-34 would have been another interesting application.

====================

To-do list here

dy031101

VK3601(H) with KwK 36.

T20 with 90mm M3.

Both tanks have turrets that are a couple of degrees per second slower in traverse than their respective stock turrets although I've been slowly adopting a brawler-type combat style, too.  Probably wouldn't be that bad.

Both are in need of an engine upgrade though.  VK3601(H) in particular is still fiendishly slow.

====================

To-do list here

dy031101

My first hurray into the Self-Propelled Gun System business- in a SU-26.

According to the WoT Wiki, this is the only SPG that has a trainable gun mount, and therefore I experimented with this first.

The stock vehicle has a 76mm howitzer- I have to park right behind defending tanks to be able to support the offensive thrust.  Let's see the 122mm howitzer now depicted here would address this shortcoming or just be harder-hitting.

====================

To-do list here

Wyrmshadow

The Su-26 was my favorite arty. It's very accurate, fires fast.. but has too few shells.

Stick with the VK3601H, it takes a while to get used to it but it's a baby Tiger, it will reward you if you treat it right.

I'm looking at your crew, do you not train them? Do you not have enough money? To you try to buy a new tank as soon as you research it without maxing out your crew? Trust me, the game is a lot better when you have a good crew.

Good commander can see far, good gunner will lock onto a target faster, loader will load faster, a driver will accelerate faster and a radioman will be able to use the radio over longer distances. having a 50% crew is just a beating.

dy031101

Quote from: Wyrmshadow on November 07, 2011, 03:14:02 PM
Stick with the VK3601H, it takes a while to get used to it but it's a baby Tiger, it will reward you if you treat it right.

I intend to.  I heard that high-tier tanks can be very expensive to maintain and would require a fleet of mid-tier tanks retained as fund collectors.  

Quote from: Wyrmshadow on November 07, 2011, 03:14:02 PM
Trust me, the game is a lot better when you have a good crew.

My Type 59 does have an all-100% crew.  I still got my butt handed to me half the time though (when I bump into heavy tanks whose side armours can bounce my 100mm AP shots) ;D

Granted, I'm probably the "casual" kind of player without spending enough time to master the game, but I hate keeping dealing critical hits.  Most of the time it probably just damaged (not even knocked out) some modules that can be hit from the side or rear without damaging the tank itself.

====================

To-do list here

arkon

here are some pics of my tanks, i cheated an took pics of the screen with my camera,sorry if they suck. cant find where the screenshots are goin when i hit print screen button,evan had the wife look ,who is much better at this computer crap than me,but when i find it theres gonna be about 500 in there :smiley:

the plastic gods demand sacrifice