O

Feeling the (Plenum Chamber) Burn - Jarhead Jump Jet, or the USMC P1154.

Started by Overkiller, April 30, 2011, 02:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

dy031101

To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Freightdog862

Smart job Duncan, glad it fitted together ok! Only just spotted this thread, look forward to seeing the finished model. I hope to re-release the kit soon (with a few minor improvements like metal u/c etc, but not enough to make the first release obsolete), and may go for a US decal option to attract a bigger market...

Colin   

Stargazer

Fantastic model!  :thumbsup: The P.1154 had the designation AV-16A reserved for it at some point... Would you say that your version is close to the originally planned US version, or should we call it AV-16B or something like that?  <_<

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

rickshaw

Thats nice.  If its USMC shouldn't it be carrying more ordnance?   :lol:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Which gunpack is that Duncan? Looks like a dual version of the one carried by later Harriers.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

A nice finish to the model and a different choice of operator from the norm

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

Nice work. :thumbsup:

Another interesting idea (for others to take up if they wish...or for me if there is ever a 1/48 option) would be to do one as a Tri-partite Evaluation Squadron variant.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Gondor

Quote from: Overkiller on June 25, 2011, 12:21:42 PM
Quote from: GTX on June 25, 2011, 12:07:16 PM
Nice work. :thumbsup:

Another interesting idea (for others to take up if they wish...or for me if there is ever a 1/48 option) would be to do one as a Tri-partite Evaluation Squadron variant.

Regards,

Greg

Yeah, that would be good.

Another alternative would be to do it in NATO markings, TSR Joe has shown me some artwork were the 1154 is shown in those markings.

Alternately, for those who fancy a bit o'kit'bashery, its not too big a chore to turn the kit back into the original NMBR3 P1154 submission, the basic fuselage and wings are the same, however the intakes would need revising....trust me...I've already had a good look at that possibility...  :wacko:

Or how about one in NASA markings as a V/STOL testbed?

:cheers:

Duncan

Quit giving me so many ideas as I have more than enough to work on

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

GTX

Quote from: Gondor on June 25, 2011, 03:11:37 PM

Quit giving me so many ideas as I have more than enough to work on

Gondor

Why should you be any different? ;D

Martin H

Quote from: Overkiller on June 25, 2011, 05:12:03 AM
...now if we could convince Colin to redux it as the P1154RN.... :wacko:

This has been mentioned before, and Colin has pointed out that it would need to be a completely new model if it ever appears on his radar.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.