Finished.....x3.....ground attack/close support...

Started by Army of One, May 01, 2011, 02:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

These are hopefully going to be quick builds.....all will be for the same fledgling air force.....some work done on the Ju87 this eve......all gonna be very similar camo scheme's....
[[/img]
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

chrisonord

Never mind these H, where is that Hind we all need to see finished?? :lol:
You should merge them all into one aircraft, and make the mother of all ground attack monsters. :wacko:
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Army of One

Ha....these will be relatively quick builds.....I want some stuff to go into my newly aquired model cabinet before SWMBO'd fills it up with hair products an hair straighteners or something similar......The naval Hind A will probably follow on from these,if I don't do my AVG planes first or my alternate Finish WW2 a/c.....gotta admit.....gotta be in the mood really......an I'm in the mood at the moment to get these three done.......although I really wanna get some of my attack helo's done...... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Tools to start my own attempt at a profile.....
[[/img]
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Does this count as a profile....?? Colours are only representative...not sure about a fuselage band or the tail stripes yet......any thoughts welcome......H
[][/img]
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

beowulf

Quote from: Army of One on May 03, 2011, 12:38:54 PM
any thoughts welcome....

just one.................get it built!!!!!  ;D

looks a cracking idea  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Army of One

In the process.....only really get a few hours here n there.....thanks for the support......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Little bit of interior work.....changed the rear MG81Z to an aires resin/brass .50 cal.....what a little bugger that is.....5 bits of resin n 3 bits of etch....folding one of them tested me....it really did.....seemed like a good idea at the time.....
[[/img]
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Army of One

The rear guns will all be .50cal for commonality.....progress so far....waiting for glazing to be masked n attached for undercoating....,
[[/img]
[][/img]
[[/img]
[][/img]
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

The only two plausible/believable ways I could see the Isrealis getting their hands on tank busting Stukas - or Stukas in general come to that - are:

1. The Czechs were willing to sell them whatever intact Luftwaffe aircraft that was left on Czech soil.  They got S199s as the Czechs were producing them and had the CoG problems not persisted with it, they would have got the Letov L290 (a rebuilt Ju 290).  Ar 96s, Bu 181s, Siebel Si 204s, Me 262s* and Fieseler Storches remained in production for the Czechs post war.  The Czechs almost chose the Fw 190D over the Bf 109 as they had about 100 airframes, so that one would have a toenail in reality.

2.  The Isrealis were trying to purchase anything they could get their hands on, flyable or not.  Perhaps they bought up a load of aircraft scrap in Italy (some night sorties were flown by Stukas in northern Italy before the war ended).

The latter was one scenario I came up with but never utilised, although I did start a load of Bf 109s.

*The Czechs tried selling an improved Me 262 to the Yugoslavs, with BMW 003 engines rather than the Jumos and an improved nosegear. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Army of One

The back story I had thought about was the Czech supplying all three types of aircraft in various amounts and conditions......those were cobbled together into flyable condition.....only ever thought of about 2 x Hs129,4 or 5 Ju87G and maybe a few more Il2's.......the israeli's wanted ground attack/support a/c n this is what they got initially.......well,in my world that is..... ;D.......thanks for the input  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

GTX

looking forward to seeing this one finished.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ChernayaAkula

Waidaminit... that's 1/72?  :o That looks like a really nice kit.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?