He 277 Aeronavale evaluation aircraft

Started by tigercat, May 02, 2011, 11:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

A dozen He 277 were built in France by the Societe des Usines Farman (SAUF) firm in Suresnes.
     When the approach of Allied forces necessitated the evacuation of Heinkel personnel working on the project orders were therefore given to destroy  the prototypes and the pre production aircraft. However a resistance raid captured the facility before more than minor damage coulld be done and repairs were begun after the Allied occupation.

The He 277 was repaired by Ateliers AĆ©ronautiques de Suresnes(AAS) and used by the Aeronavale.  The He 277's  were eventually  withdrawn from service and broken up in late 1955. The last  in 1957 after serving as "mother ships" for aerial launching of a number of early French advanced jet and rocket test aircraft.

tigercat

tigercat

tigercat

dumaniac

Gondor

So the aircraft were Liberated were they ?  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

tigercat

Indeed it was by a bunch of Privateer's    ;D

matrixone

Interesting model, what kits were used to make this model?

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Wow that's an outstanding concept and very nicely executed, too! My hat's off to you, tigercat! You've done a great job with the camo and the idea is so plausible that I'm sure lots of folks will tell you they saw that bird in an "In Action" book.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

GTX

I think we need to see a close up of the nose art!
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

tigercat

Revell He 177
Liberator tail
Privateer wings

The privateer wings fit very smoothly if anyone else was ever inspired to do a 4 engined He 177 i can definitely reccomend them.

rickshaw

The idea is plausible 'cause its basically true.  Just the numbers have been changed to protect the innocent. ;)

Tigercat, nicely done.  Very impressive.  The cam is nice and I like the rear turret particularly, looks the part of the HDL turret which was proposed.  :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

sequoiaranger

Wow! Good job, tigercat!

How clever to use Privateer parts--it is SOOOO believable! And the "mosaic" camo, too!

This is one of your VERY best!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

tigercat

Thanks , our hobbycraft has just started stocking Humbrol Spray paints so i thought i'd give them a go along with white tack masking. I'm quite pleased how it came out . White tack turns out better than masking tape as i was getting leakage and nasty masking tape impression ridges in the paint when i removed it .