Israeli P-38 J 1:72 Academy

Started by PantherG, May 04, 2011, 09:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PantherG

Lockheed P-38 J Lightning

.... was one of the first fighter aircraft in service with a young Jewish state.
Over time, the arsenal of Heyl'ha Avir got about 50 - 60 machines in the versions of J and L and were used then until 1961.

The first machines were painted with colors,that were found in abandoned RAF-warehouses in Israels territory.
The combination of  the camouflage patterns varied before standartization in 1956. The most frequent combination were then Dark Green / Dark Earth or Dark Earth / Mid Stone. A combination of Dark Green / Mid Stone was rather unique. Lower surfaces were then mostly in color Azure Blue, a small part of the machine carried on the lower surfaces Medium Sea Grey. Basically it was a possibility of any combination of these colors depend on availability.

Marking was standard, ie "Magen David" in the six positions. Machines, which were first deployed in the fighting was carried on notwithstanding the national marking on fuselage gondola. Later this was overpainted and new markings (significantly less) was then placed on the tail boom, often on the outside of the coolers.

The plane at the pictures belonged to the famous 101. matos at the turn of 1948/1949 and was  piloted by volunteer pilot Chalmers "Slick" Goodlin, who during the War of Independence of Israel shot down six planes, including 4 on this Lightning.
On the outer side of left engine he bore a name "Shark" in Hebrew.

[imghttp://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/PoorWhistler/What%20if%20IDF/SAM_0522.jpg]http://[/img]

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

jorel62

Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Army of One

Awesome build.....love the idea behind the colour scheme....I have one of these lined up to build....any problems during the build..?......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

PantherG

to Army of One: I think,that only problem are a smallest parts.....some of them I broke out a few times :banghead:

Army of One

Many thanks for the reply....... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Maverick

Beautiful rendition Panther.

Regards,

Mav

PantherG

Many great thanks.... :bow: :bow:
I hope,that soon i give here french and finnish P-400.... :rolleyes:

Alvis 3.14159

Very very nice, great concept and brilliant execution. Did I mention I like it?
Well, I do!

Alvis pi

Ian the Kiwi Herder

That's excellent. Simple clean presentation. Like that a lot  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.