Kitbasher Joins The Hawker P1027 Club

Started by kitbasher, May 12, 2011, 12:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

There's been a few P.1027s shown on the forum before, and here's my recently finished effort courtesy of bits from OGL, Wooksta and Monsieur Heller.  I'm calling it a Tempest F.7, and it's finished as a 33 Sqn machine based in Malaya in 1950.  Markings are from a Kits At War sheet, the real PR533 being a Tempest F.2.
Just in case you don't know, the RR Eagle-engined P.1027 was seen as an alternative to the Centaurus-powered Tempest II, which was of crse put into production.
It was only after I'd finished the model that I realised what a sleek beastie it was, and that Wooksta's suggestion that a 'real' production model would have probably gone for leading edge radiators and been even sleeker.  My next Hawker whif project will definitely be the P.1030 - a real beauty!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Hobbes

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

turned out nice hasnt it :)

good to see those bits have been used to such good effect.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

The Rat

Beautiful! I think I'd donate both my plums to see a real one fly!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dumaniac

deathjester

AXU

sequoiaranger

...the longer nose really changes the look of a "Tempest". I like it. One would think the pilot would need a "field hand" to sit on the wing and guide him while it taxies around, as the pilot would be "blinded" by the long nose.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Weaver

That really transforms the look of the aircraft - for a moment I thought it was Dart turboprop conversion!

Nice one! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Very nice!  Very sleek!  Looks good.  :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.