The "other" PBJ B-25. Hungry yet? LOL!

Started by seadude, May 14, 2011, 03:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

seadude

Sorry I'm late. So I hear that everyone keeps asking if I got an award when I took this project to an earlier May contest? Yes, I did.  ;D
There were 3 entry catagories: Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced. I didn't meet the Advanced requirements, so I was placed in the Intermediate catagory. Each catagory was further divided into Aircraft, Armor, Ships, etc.
I got First Place Gold Award in the Intermediate: Civilian catagory.
Next contest this model subject goes to will probably be in October.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

seadude

Small update on this thread:

Got 3 more awards for this subject.

Oct. 2012 - 1st Place in the "Humor" catagory.

Nov. 2012 - "Best Creativity in Modeling" award.
And......3rd Place in the Diorama category.

Next contest is scheduled for March 2013. Should I make any improvements?

Full Photobucket pic gallery is here:
http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/icyhusky/library/flyingpbj
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

seadude

I'm sitting here at my comp. There's another model contest coming up in a little over a month's time, and..........*smacks forehead with palm of hand*........Why didn't I think of this before!!!!!!!!!!!!  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

I put a apple and a banana on the display base to give the appearence of a noontime lunch meal. But instead, I could've made the banana into the following based on a long running Internet meme:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/peanut-butter-jelly-time

So.......Anybody got any tips or advice on decorating the banana and how I might display it next to the plate/bomber?

blueute74

Perhaps the banana could be a  "yellow submarine "?