Main Menu

Why not, eh?

Started by The Rat, May 16, 2011, 06:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Well it has a control console and crude seats, but it does need more. Perhaps a lighting panel on the ceiling, seatbelts, might open the side door.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

royabulgaf

Control console and crude seats sounds pretty much like the prototype.  These things were done on the cheap. 

I just bought a pontoon boat.  The resemblance is uncanny.  Trim the top off to about waist high, and put some female bikini figures on it, with some 50s bubble space helmets.  Hmmm
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

Weaver

Easy way to do kitch sci-fi seats: just stick lengths of rod to a wire frame or a bent piece of brass strip:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Nice.  I had the bright idea one time to do it up as an ambulance.  Complete with exterior emergency lights and civilian markings (Complete with the mirror ECANLUBMA on the nose), stretcher, and cabinetry.  Alas, my skills at the time were insufficient, and my imagination to fertile
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

trekaddict

The thread title made me expect an Air Canada Shuttle.  :wacko:

Tojo633

"Raises one eyebrow, .............Fascinating!!"

Cheers
Sandy

Devilfish

Quote from: scooter on July 29, 2011, 06:01:26 PM
Nice.  I had the bright idea one time to do it up as an ambulance.  Complete with exterior emergency lights and civilian markings (Complete with the mirror ECANLUBMA on the nose), stretcher, and cabinetry.  Alas, my skills at the time were insufficient, and my imagination to fertile

On that note, I'd once thought of doing a model Chrysler Voyager as a shuttle....complete with glowing blue "deflector dish" grill and blue neon side skirts....

Hmmmmm....yes!  :rolleyes:

The Rat

Just a teaser. Still haven't decided how far I'm going to go with the interior, can't seem to lay down a decent floor colour. Tried some Gunze hemp, didn't look good at all. Tried another lighter brown on top of that, some old bottle I had laying around, didn't notice that it wasn't a flat, and I doubt that shiny carpeting is normal on shuttles. Might pick up a PanAm blue and do that. The interior walls are still white, might do them in a light green, might not. But I got sick of dithering and decided to slap a couple of decals on to see how they looked, and I like it. As I predicted the originals just fell apart not long after hitting the water, but I'm not really worried. This kit is not only a whif, but it's a double whif, because it really isn't a very accurate representation of the actual stage model used in the show. Therefore I'm not worried about taking even more liberties! Front windows have been installed, just a strip of clear Evergreen bonded to the inside with Testors Clear Parts Cement & Window Maker. I might just glue the top half on with the same stuff, just a dab at each corner, that way if I decide to have another go at more interior detailing later I can just wet the stuff a bit, pull it apart, and go back to work.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

philp

Got to do the interior with some suitable Pan Am seats. 

Maybe something like this?

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

The Rat

Quote from: philp on November 21, 2011, 07:18:40 AM
Got to do the interior with some suitable Pan Am seats. 

Maybe something like this?

Hmmm, a red carpet, hadn't thought of that.

RussC

Definitely needs carpet to cover up the gravity plates, which look a lot like semiconductor capacitors  ;)

Carpet with a Pan Am logo or at least the colors would be likely, marketing types would insist on it.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Doc Yo

Looks terrific so far.

Joe C-P

Brilliant! Another idea I wish I'd had.  :thumbsup:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Pablo1965

I was waiting this moment, to see this scheme....superb! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Brilliant idea.