Barnet model show, RAF Museum Hendon

Started by Martin H, May 22, 2011, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 23, 2011, 07:02:13 AM
My favourite bit was being approached by 4 good looking young ladies and being asked "excuse me but can you tell us what the sharp, pointy, silver thing is for?"

NARSES went all of a tremble at this point, but couldn't remember why!
Here's some more of the SIG stand.  A really good selection of models I have to say, and a nice balance between props and jets.  The Mancunian fooled a load of passers-by - definitely the double-take champ of the show.  Second was the BOAC TSR2.  And as for those who looked at the 'Misteltoe' composite and walked away telling their mates that 'the Germans did the same thing later in the war' - that was priceless!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

van883

Brilliant pics. Thanks for sharing them.
Van

McColm

It's good to know that there are people out there who build kits to my way of thinking.
Fantastic!!

NARSES2

Talk about the three wise monkees behind the stand  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Overkiller on May 25, 2011, 11:37:22 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 25, 2011, 03:53:02 AM
Talk about the three wise monkees behind the stand  ;D

I take it that you weren't there then?  :wacko:

Nah I'm the old, wise looking one  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Is that my Bf 109L in one of those pics?  I think I can see my wartime Tempest II as well. Nice to know I was there in spirit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

The SEAC Hurricane was yours as well Lee. .....................yes I know your not happy with the finished product, but as its in the sig reserve collection. It was due an outing
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

I assume we're playing again this year?
After the inevitable success with the Cosford theme maybe we could do a Royal Alternative Air Force Museum (or Royal Air Force Alternative Museum) Hendon? Don't have to lay it out as per the floor plan, just bring whiffed alternative exhibits?
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

Unfortunately,

Gondor

OK... so whats on show at Hendon then?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

lancer

Quote from: kitbasher on March 13, 2012, 12:58:39 PM
I assume we're playing again this year?
After the inevitable success with the Cosford theme maybe we could do a Royal Alternative Air Force Museum (or Royal Air Force Alternative Museum) Hendon? Don't have to lay it out as per the floor plan, just bring whiffed alternative exhibits?
;D ;D

Oh I LIKE this idea big time....So are we gonna do it? I vote yes!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Well I've plenty of alt RAF types, but remember I can only bring 3/4 at the most because of travelling by public transport PLUS I'm not sure what plans LT have for the sunday yet  :banghead:

Nick

This is on the 20th May 2012. I might be there if I can arrange the time off work. It was good last year though!

Martin H

Quote from: Gondor on March 13, 2012, 01:28:05 PM
OK... so whats on show at Hendon then?

Gondor
For our purposes, anything we damn well like so long as its RAF......................................
Unfortunately,

craigdwpa

Life is tough! Life is tougher if your stupid!!!