Main Menu

Arado 234 C with V-1

Started by Tuck, May 23, 2011, 06:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuck

Arado 234 C with V-1.  Promodeler Ar 234 with Tamiya V-1.  Scratchbuilt launch trapeeze. 1/48 scale.  Model Master Acry. paint.

No build thread.

"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

dumaniac

Tuck - you are setting a cracking pace with all these finished kits - nice Ar234C - its on my "to-do" list - very nice built and the V-1 is a great addition

Brian da Basher

Very imaginative, Tuck! Piggy-backing the V-1 was truly inspired!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Tuck

That 234 C was a bear. :angry: Nothing fit well, and it is VERY over-engineered.  I found it a difficult build.  Areas to watch out for: Cockpit forward fuselage assembly, the engine pods (BTW, leave them off the wings until the very end or you wont be able to paint them or assemble the landing gear properly), wing/fuselage joint.  All in all a disappointing kit, but I slugged it into compliance!
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

Hotte

Booyah! Looks Great!
I'm just worried about the tail of the Arado.
When you start the engines of the V-1, then the tail grilled.

Hotte

Tuck

That's the reason for the trapeeze...lifts the V-1 up and then releases it.  There are design drawings of this variant.

Taiidantomcat

First class  :thumbsup: I love the twin podded engines of this variant 
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Leading Observer

I have this combo in my stash [somewhere]!
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

dumaniac

So Gang - tell me - regarding the Ar234C

if the Promodeller is a dog of a kit, who makes a reasonable one?  I have seen the occasional HobbyCraft on ebay  - is it okay and is there another kit?  If so which is the pick.

I have an AR234C AWACS in the "to-do" list - and at my age - don't want to muck about with poor fit etc

Must admit - I always figured the Promodeller brand was a better one so your comments come as a bit of a surprise.

dumaniac

Tuck

Perhaps I was a bit harsh.  The fit was decent, but the engineering of the kit was WAY too complex.  I think it could have been really simplified, IMHO.  I know why they did it: so they could do many versions off the same basic molds.  I think if you take your time, and test fit, etc. you won't have too many issues.  I just got frustrated with it.

PACOPEPE

Great model, and vey well done.

Cheers
Fran

dumaniac

Tuck

thanks for the words of wisdom - learning to be patient is one of my challenges - but building Luft46 with a razor saw - well there is measure and dry fit and shave and dry fit and .....

So I perhaps can keep looking for a cheap Promodeller is the swop-and-sell

and that aside, love what you have done with your 234C

Dumaniac

tigercat

Have revell re released the old Matchbox one ?

Nice bit of work

GTX

Came out nicely.  I am tempted to get two of these and combine them as a 8 engined stretched variant.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!