Sword Models

Started by Maverick, May 26, 2011, 11:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 07, 2018, 08:06:43 AM
Quote from: Weaver on March 07, 2018, 06:06:36 AM

SIX 1/72nd Reggiane WWII fighters in one box for £50.00:

Why?

They might sell some like that to SIG Italia, but who else would buy six in one go?
*Raises hand*  I happen to have a fondness for a number of Italian WW II fighters.  Besides, this looks to have some interesting variations.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

NARSES2

I did look at that boxing Evan, but resisted, and I am a member of SIG Italia  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

elmayerle

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 20, 2018, 07:38:06 AM
I did look at that boxing Evan, but resisted, and I am a member of SIG Italia  :rolleyes:
Well, I probably could have, but decided that it seemed worth it.  Different tastes and all that...

NARSES2

Quote from: elmayerle on March 20, 2018, 08:36:45 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 20, 2018, 07:38:06 AM
Well, I probably could have, but decided that it seemed worth it.  Different tastes and all that...

I do have a few individual boxing's of the various Regiane types though  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

elmayerle

If I can find some more LF Models (IIRC) Caproni-Vizzola F.6Z kits, I might be interested in getting some Re.2005 kits to combine with in making some Re.2004 models.

NARSES2

Yup the Re.2004 is an interesting looking aircraft, certainly looks as if the people designing the front and rear ends were working in a slightly different scale  ;)

I'm not aware of the F.6Z kit I must admit but it's a slightly odd looking aircraft to my mind. I've a fair few LF Models Italian types in the stash but seem to have missed that one.

NARSES2

If you like Seafires then this might be just what you need  ;)

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SW72129

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 30, 2019, 01:44:44 AM

I find that set remarkably attractive, no idea why, I just do.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 30, 2019, 05:44:44 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 30, 2019, 01:44:44 AM

I find that set remarkably attractive, no idea why, I just do.  :thumbsup:

That seems to be a good deal too, GBP40 for five kits. And that has the VAT added to the price too so I would get it 20% cheaper.  I'll see what the LMS's around here have it for.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Nice ! That would be a sweet sat on a shelf together.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

Although I have multiples of the Sword Seafires (esp. the second boxing of the Seafire III with the D-Day markings: I think I have 9 - oh, come on!  It has a spare fuselage AND a C wing!)  I have one of these one order for completist reasons...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Must admit I am severely tempted. As Robert says, it does look exceptional value for money  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

I did succumb in the end and ordered the Seafire set, got an e-mail from Hannants telling me it's in. So should receive it after Christmas ?

The Wooksta!

I've got one on order with Uncle Frank for completist reasons...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 22, 2019, 05:42:24 AM
I did succumb in the end and ordered the Seafire set, got an e-mail from Hannants telling me it's in. So should receive it after Christmas ?

Arrived this morning. Very happy with it  :thumbsup: