Sword Models

Started by Maverick, May 26, 2011, 11:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Another Spitfire orientated future release from Sword. The XIV is my favourite mark I think so I may well be tempted.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SW72133

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

1/72 C-29/BAe 125-800 to follow on from their U-125 kit. 

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

1/72 Mitsubishi G4M1 Betty

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Interesting Mossie, thanks for posting  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I was thinking thinking of you Chris when I posted it.  :thumbsup:

jcf

It is interesting, but those rear fuselage attachment joint diamond-shaped fishplates are
exaggerated and they weren't on all G4M1, only those that received the modification.
On the few photos where they're sort of visible they're much smaller.

They're not present on the Hasegawa 1/72nd kit and the Tamiya 1/48th kit.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on September 04, 2022, 07:04:12 AMI was thinking thinking of you Chris when I posted it.  :thumbsup:

I thought you might be  ;D

chrisonord

Sword are releasing 2 different marks of Vought RF-8 Crusader in 1/72nd scale, and they should be out this month apparently. The later one ehich I think is an H model, is rhe Vietnam war variant, so I am having one of those, the earlier variant is the one one used during the Cuban missile crisis. Possibly RAF or Fleet Air Arm, in appropriate colour schemes, or just to be different/awkward, FAA markings and desert camo, for recon missions during operation Saladin. It will save me carving up my Hasegawa F-8, as I have had a yearning for an RF-8 for some time.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Captain Canada

Cool machines for sure. Lot's of whiffy potential with those slab sides.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 07, 2020, 06:17:06 AMAnother Spitfire orientated future release from Sword. The XIV is my favourite mark I think so I may well be tempted.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SW72133

Couldn't agree more Chris  ;D  ;D
Love the 24 👍😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kitbasher

Got that set - it's a good 'un.

The kits overcome pretty much all of the Fujimi Griffon Spitfire pitfalls.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

See Sword have decided to follow up Airfix's Gannet with the AEW version

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SW48014

PR19_Kit

They already did that in 1/72, so maybe they got the pantograph machine out.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

I need to look inside the 1/72nd scale one's box to see if the radome is separate or not, as the airframe sans radome, screams C.O.I.N/ Close air support with rockets and bombs under the wings.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

'Fraid not, it's moulded on. It doesn't look too hard to remove it and fill the gap though:
https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Fairey-Gannet-AEW.3-19452932.html