Sword Models

Started by Maverick, May 26, 2011, 11:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Quote from: Mossie on February 17, 2024, 11:45:17 AM'Fraid not, it's moulded on. It doesn't look too hard to remove it and fill the gap though:
https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Fairey-Gannet-AEW.3-19452932.html
Hmm, if I could remove it without damaging it too much, it could be utilised elsewhere I suppose. :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

If you took a fine razor saw to it, it should come off nicely with some care.  As a bonus, when they fitted the radome to the Shackleton they used a collar to make it fit.  Something similar could hide any rough edges.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

Quote from: Mossie on February 17, 2024, 12:26:22 PMIf you took a fine razor saw to it, it should come off nicely with some care.  As a bonus, when they fitted the radome to the Shackleton they used a collar to make it fit.  Something similar could hide any rough edges.
Sounds like a plan to me Mossie. :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

And the same radomes started off on Skyraiders!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: chrisonord on February 17, 2024, 11:35:07 AMI need to look inside the 1/72nd scale one's box to see if the radome is separate or not, as the airframe sans radome, screams C.O.I.N/ Close air support with rockets and bombs under the wings.

I'd long thought of a normal Gannet used for that role.  Gave up on it as the Gannet is something that doesn't work for me. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic