Douglas DF-6B Skyray

Started by JayBee, May 27, 2011, 02:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Well at last some progress on this.
Let me say once again that the painting of anything is not my favourite pastime, and this one has been a b!!tch.
I hate Dayglo!.

However almost ready for Cosford.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Steel Penguin

eye wateringly nice. wheres me  :mellow:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

scooter

Agreed, Day-glo is a bitch.  But a masterpiece.

...starts pondering it in Sand with green splotches
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Aussie747

Nice conversion, the paintwork looks great!  :thumbsup:
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

craigdwpa

WOW love it nice combo!!!!! :thumbsup: :cheers:
Life is tough! Life is tougher if your stupid!!!

lancer

Jim,  are you going into competition with Dork and his very bright Panther by any chance??

Seriously though, it does look very nice. Bloody good work.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

JayBee

Quote from: lancer on March 28, 2012, 02:46:54 PM
Jim,  are you going into competition with Dork and his very bright Panther by any chance??

Nah. Dork's colour scheme is believed to be fictional, whereas mine is 100% genuine, only the tail number has been changed by a single digit.
:rolleyes:

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

JayBee

FINISHED!

When the Douglas F4D-1 Skyray entered U.S. Navy service it had already been realised that a transition trainer would be required to train Navy pilots in the art of flying a delta winged jet on, and off, carriers. The Douglas Aircraft Company responded rapidly with a new two seat nose for the aircraft which was able to be retro-fitted to existing single seat F4D-1. While some two-seaters were converted single-seaters others were new build airframes.
The two seaters were designated TF4D-2.
When the Tri-Service designation system came into being the single-seaters became F-6A's and the two-seaters  TF-6B's.
By the time this change was being made most Skyrays had been withdrawn from front line service and were being used in a number of secondary duties. One of these areas was as target tugs and for this role the single-seaters so modified were known as QF-6A's. The two-seaters were ideally suited as drone controllers and in this form were designated DF-6B's, they also had the capability to act as target tugs.

Cats are not real. 

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Martin H

Hmmm me thinks he is after a hat trick with the IPMS Dundee (*)Wat if? shield at Perth................(*).And that is how they spelt it on said shield.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

Cats are not real. 

Pablo1965

Very nice, It`s a completely plausible scheme and developement. Congratulations. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.