It's a Vulcan Jim but, not as we know it!!

Started by albeback, June 01, 2011, 05:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albeback

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on June 04, 2011, 10:20:43 PM
Quote from: albeback on June 04, 2011, 02:51:24 PM
Quote from: Pablo1965 on June 04, 2011, 02:23:17 PM
This is going well :thumbsup:

Thanks Pablo :cheers:

Since I took that photo, I managed to break one of the wingtips off :banghead:
At that point I decided I needed to seek consolation from my favourite Belgian blonde - Ms Stella Artois  ;D

Stella ...Stella.  ;D

;D ;D :cheers:

Love it!! :drink:
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

albeback

Well, we're getting there! Bit of tidying up to do & underside clearly in need of another coat!! Yes, I HAVE broken a pair of wheels off!! Had to repair the undercarriage about 3 times now!!I think it's a bit flimsy for the weight of the model! Either that or I'm very ham fisted!! ;D White metal replacements for my next Vulcan I think! For the record, the colours used are ;

Xtracrylix XA1017 RAF Camouflage grey
Xtraxcrlix XA1001 RAF Dark Green
Revell Aqua Colour 361 Anthrazit.
Didn't want a black underside. Black is a bit TOO stark!
98.photobucket.com/albums/g362/albeback52/006-3.jpg[/IMG]

IanH

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

beowulf

now that paint is on there that is really coming together!  :wub:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

albeback

Thanks as always for the kind comments folks. You may have noticed some mean looking LGBs lying on the work bench :rolleyes: This baby will be carrying four of them! I'll make up some sort of cover story later! They are in fact  GBU-24 bombs ( 1/48 scale) but, "scaled down" to 1/72 ( as it were) , they make suitably impressive whizz-bangs and, are not so large as to be totally implausible ( even in Whifworld)!

One of the advantages to brush painting this model is that the underside has taken on a streaky uneven finish - sort of self weathered! Second coat goes on today & I'll be dirtying down the top sides over the next couple of days. I've really enjoyed this one.

Despite all the adverse comments the Airfix Vulcan seems to attract ( mainly over fit issues) there is nothing that a competent modeller can't fix. I spent more time trying to get a seamless joint in those b***** air intakes than any other part of the aeroplane! :banghead: As you will note, the underside in particular is a panel line free zone!!  I sanded them all down to a (very) bare minimum! I don't generally do re-scribing. I'm too lazy.

I left a few on the top surfaces ( they're more visible). Used the existing lines as a "pattern" & then sanded THEM off leaving just the inscribed ones.
I really admire & respect the patience/skill of those who DO rescribe entire models!! :thumbsup:

scooter

Gorgeous Vulcan.  And that Tornado cockpit looks just perfect.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Weaver

That's a lovely job, as are the other ones that have been posted on here - well done the lot of you!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Pablo1965

Really nice. I like this plane. I think, if a developement of this plane could be done, this is a good idea, and cool.  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Brian da Basher

Wow that's sweet and very convincing too!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

McColm

Great work,
Now if I can get my Victor to look like that!!

karlik