Czechoslovak Tempest Mk.V - 1951

Started by PantherG, June 03, 2011, 09:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PantherG

Tempest Mk.V - 12th Fighter - Bomber Aircraft Regiment in 1951

Plane bears the camouflage that uses the pre-WW II Czechoslovak Ar Force so-called mobilization colors used for bombers and reccon aircrafts. The aircraft belongs to the "democratic" lines of history,when  Communist Party did not get to power in 1948.

Kit is factory SMĚR (ex-Heller), panel lines are converted to negative.

Originally, the model should have a different camouflage, but this may finally emerge.

Army of One

Oh Mr P....awesome paintwork.....truly awesome..... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

upnorth

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

PantherG

Oh no,Mr. AoO....its not awesome....this is  only: one layer of color,masking with Tack-it,second layer of color,second masking,third layer of color and demasking.... ;D ;D ;D

Brian da Basher

I really like the camo scheme! No matter how you achieved it, I'm sure you'll get a ton of compliments!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Pablo1965

Wow, awesome. Remind me a little to a Avia S.35 I his air intake. :thumbsup:

Army of One

Mr P.......I can only dream of a finish like that on one of my models.... :bow:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

PantherG

My dear friend Mr.AoO ..... I´m 39.........and my modeling was started,when I was 7 year young.....an now...my kits are a some little better,then there.... but...it was very nice times.....maybe a few hours to completing the kit....next (sometimes,not every) some colours and decals... :lol:

But now?  Studying many books, more of time on web,searching pics,schemes....some weeks....or months of gluing,pyttying,sanding,scribing....colouring,masking,next colouring with airbrush....and....where is the JOY of modelling? :banghead: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pablo1965

Quote from: PantherG on June 03, 2011, 03:06:21 PM
My dear friend Mr.AoO ..... I´m 39.........and my modeling was started,when I was 7 year young.....an now...my kits are a some little better,then there.... but...it was very nice times.....maybe a few hours to completing the kit....next (sometimes,not every) some colours and decals... :lol:

But now?  Studying many books, more of time on web,searching pics,schemes....some weeks....or months of gluing,pyttying,sanding,scribing....colouring,masking,next colouring with airbrush....and....where is the JOY of modelling? :banghead: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm agree. But the "whatif world" is for that, I always try to see the basic idea in the models of the other people and caught the concept. Not the finished only, The wiffers have a name for this kind of people but I don't remenber now. Be happy, do the things you want to do, and enjoy the time inside this particular territory. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :thumbsup:

Ed S

Nice Tempest.  The camo looks good on it.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

PantherG

Many thanks.... :bow:

I enjoy all ab out kits...maybe,because I´m CRAZY ;D ;D ;D ;D But...who is NOT crazy? :rolleyes: ;D ;D :thumbsup:

P.S.  now I finishing one more crazy camouflage on F-51D (1/48 Airfix /ex-Otaki/). I hope,that it will be soon ready. And with more complex story... ;D

Here two samples of them....

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Beautiful work PantherG, adding Czech roundels to almost ANYthing improves it, but on a Tempest it's awesome.  :cheers:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit