Whiffs on Ebay

Started by GTX, June 03, 2011, 03:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Yup, that's pretty wild - including the three-bladed prop. But pretty skillful - with some Swedish markings...?  :rolleyes:

CANSO

I'm seeing this model almost every time I visit ebay and my only reaction is ;D.
But since it's more a whiff, rather than a model of a real a/c (even the name was transformed to Fock Wulf - I just love it!), its place is probably here :rolleyes:.

I'm not quite sure but the "butcher bird" probably belongs to the MMAF (Mickey Mouse Air Force):

More details here.
BTW the seller says it better than anybody:
"kit is hand paint it is not a pro job still looks good"

Captain Canada

I love how you can see every weed in the garden but you can barely make out the markings !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

Cool ! Love the look/ shape of the nose engine. I also think it would look great as a single engine bird.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: loupgarou on August 03, 2014, 10:22:01 AM
Another hidden member?  :smiley:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231293157037&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That's somebody who sells whiffy resin conversion kits on ebay. Not certain about the quality, and I must state that some conversions have SERIOUS similarity to some of my conversions (e .g. the Fw 190Z with the underslung jet engine) - and they appeared after I posted them on FlickR...  :rolleyes:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 09, 2014, 01:30:40 AM
He's got a whole heap of Whiffed/Luft 46 stuff he's selling.
http://www.ebay.fr/sch/sturmvogel11/m.html?item=231293157037&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

And it looks like they're resin conversions or whole resin kits rather than built up models too. A Whiff Warehouse even.....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Wow ! Is that ever a big collection ! Some of the stuff looks pretty neat / is new to me.....like that twin nose jet Focke Wulf thing. I like it !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

The resin itself is good but the parts breakdown.. isn't.  Willie swears that they're worse than Unicraft.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

CANSO

License Built Me J7W2 Luft46 "What If"

More here.
Honestly, I even like it more than the Japanese version ;D!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: CANSO on August 24, 2014, 08:55:34 PM
License Built Me J7W2 Luft46 "What If"

More here.
Honestly, I even like it more than the Japanese version ;D!

I'm, with you Canso. While not being the world's greatest Luftwaffe '46 fan, that does look the BUSINESS!  :thumbsup:

It has Focke-Wulf written all over it to me, but what do I know about such things?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

luft46models

Maybe Bird / White Cat have improved BUT I bought their V-1 Wotan 1/72 WCM Bausatz rar selten and it was a dogs breakfast - it would have been nice if the round parts were round :) , unfortunately their TA183 nightfigher was similar. I onsold both on ebay. The same applies to their Flugscheibe RFZ-2 "Wärmflasche" if you look at their photo. I love the look of their subjects just not game to try again.

William in OZ