Whiffs on Ebay

Started by GTX, June 03, 2011, 03:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

if it goes for that then a few of mine re going up.....
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Captain Canada

Cool model. But too right Lenny, maybe it's time to start selling lol

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Jesse220

JayBee

Believe it or not that was, they thought, a good way to know just the right height to fly over the ground for ground attack. DOH!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

zenrat

IIRC the boom aaas attached to the elevators and was intended to maintain a fixed height above ground.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Or catch on something and pull the ac nose first into the ground! Easy defense against ground attack, just lay cables and hooks along the ground....
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Madoc

Well, here's something you don't see every day!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Experimental-Twin-Tailed-T-33-Jet-1-72-Airfix-Revell-Monogram-Hasegawa-/152154123144?hash=item236d17ab88:g:QD4AAOSwRQlXeYjg

Now, upon first glance a twin tailed T-33 seems quite the WhIf.  A bit of Googling though, and it turns out to be a real machine - if something of a one-off and only created out in the field.

http://www.tailsthroughtime.com/2009_10_01_archive.html - look to about the middle of the page.

Still though, I think it belongs here.
Wherever you go, there you are!

reddfoxx

Never heard of a twin-tail T-33!  Very very cool.

Dizzyfugu

Both are interesting finds.  :thumbsup: I also never heard of this conversion/project.

loupgarou

Interesting find AND aircraft!
BUT "Beautifully built "... :rolleyes: The builder is not a master of PSR... ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

He's not a Master of Glue or Fitting the Parts Correctly, either - one of the wing tanks is barely touching the end of the wing. :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on July 05, 2016, 03:41:49 AM
Interesting find AND aircraft!
BUT "Beautifully built "... :rolleyes: The builder is not a master of PSR... ;D

My sentiments exactly, I was building better models than that when I was 15!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Captain Canada

Very cool, I had no idea. I'll have to read the story, but I do love the look of it and would like to build my own some day ! His description is pretty funny as well...beauty in the eye of the beer holder I guess  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Madoc

Yeah, the construction "quality" leaves a tad to be desired.  Looking at his other "pro built" kits shows even worse.

But, it's an interesting subject none the less.
Wherever you go, there you are!