Whiffs on Ebay

Started by GTX, June 03, 2011, 03:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 09, 2016, 12:33:54 AM
Came across this "whif-out-of-the-box": a conversion set for a Ju 290 as post-WWII airliner in Lufthansa service (the Revell kit with extra parts):
Nice, but a bit pricey... http://www.ebay.de/itm/Junkers-Ju-290-1-72-/142179115857?hash=item211a892351:g:m1AAAOSw0OBYKYO2
I built this back in 2009. Looks very nice built up.

http://airwar1946.nl/whif/L46-JU290.htm

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Dizzyfugu

Nice - and actually what the plane was designed for.  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Great stuff. Love the camo Firefly !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

loupgarou

Currently on ebay.de:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/361918053932?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/361918000628?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

(don't want to steal ebay's photos)
Those are T-28 and T-35 russian tanks in 1/87 by Kopro/Premo, maybe now Roco.
Doubtless whifs (and absurd ones, IMO).
BUT, my question is: do other members think is correct to SELL whifs without telling they are fantasy?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

They look like toys to me, not models, &, as we all know, toys can look a bit like real things without having to be really anything.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on March 12, 2017, 12:01:43 AM

BUT, my question is: do other members think is correct to SELL whifs without telling they are fantasy?

I agree with Old Wombat that if selling toys then it's a different market and therefore you don't need to note it. However if selling it as a scale model then you definitely need some sort of note eg : What If Model or Project, something along those lines anyway. Not everyone is aware of these things especially if dabbling in a subject they don't usually do. My knowledge of armour subjects for instance is quite basic, especially post WWII.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Those are being sold as models (on ebay.de the main category Modellbau is entirely separate from the Spielzeug one) and the kits/models they originate from are considered models. He is offering those and many others as "scratchbuilt", "only one in the world".
BTW the T-28 and T-35 tanks he used are pre-war russian mult-turret tanks, cumbersome and quite useless:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-35
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Madoc

That Tiger looks nicely done.

I pity the loader and the gunner though - there's no place left in the turret for them to even stand - let alone be out of the gun's recoil...
Wherever you go, there you are!

Captain Canada

Love that fire engine thing ! Says Roco 1:87 those are HO scale models no ?

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 26, 2017, 07:02:33 AM
Love that fire engine thing ! Says Roco 1:87 those are HO scale models no ?

:wub:

They certainly are, yes.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

You should at least get royalties.

I'd complain to E-Bay about them using your photo.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

They're making copies of your models and selling them??  :banghead: (or better, offering to make them if a buyer is found)
BTW, I have seen already since a few years philippine sellers of wood models made to order.
What make me suspicious is that the delivery time is OVER 2 months, while the delay for asking an ebay refund, if I am not wrong, is 2 months.  :rolleyes:

Dizzyfugu

I already checked options. Sad thing is (as with any large online platform) that you can only file a complain through a standardized process, and ebay does not care for the sources of a seller's picture material. If it's "stolen" from another ebay offer, then you can intervene. But if the seller uses 3rd party material like mine, ebay stays away and tells you to contact either the owner of the original artwork and/or settle it with the seller. Full support of public order ('sarcasm off*).

Anyway, I contacted the seller and set up a deadline, before I take official measures.

Had a similar case on ebay some time ago with looted pics from an anime figure of mine, a customized stock PVC figure/statue. This case is new. While I do not mind a large scale wooden copy of my creation, it's about the abuse of the picture material - without asking. Royalties would be approriate, though.