Whiffs on Ebay

Started by GTX, June 03, 2011, 03:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Stumbled upon this, err, colorful (but not unsexy) ebay offering - from Germany, but, strangely, posted in UK:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-72-Matchbox-Avro-Vulcan-built-painted/382312526618?hash=item59039a331a:g:PzcAAOSwy0JaIu9c

Old Wombat

Obviously camouflaged for an estuarine tidal delta region with grey-white sand & mangroves.

So, either a very limited operating area; or operating on a completely different planet; or in a different space-time continuumumum.

;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 19, 2017, 05:37:13 AM
Obviously camouflaged for an estuarine tidal delta region with grey-white sand & mangroves.

So, either a very limited operating area; or operating on a completely different planet; or in a different space-time continuumumum.

;)

Neat looking though  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Actually the Vulcan is pretty close to some Cuban color schemes....
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

McColm

I never knew Matchbox did a 1/72 Avro Vulcan kit, or is it the Airfix kit?

Weaver

Not so much a What If as a What The FFFF?

I'm almost tempted to buy this just to get it into our world. Next time you fly on a four-engined 757 and the pilot cuts the power and does a dead-stick landing at 200+mph, you'll know which model somebody bought him as a kid...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Scotaidh

Quote from: Weaver on March 16, 2018, 10:34:28 PM
Not so much a What If as a What The FFFF?

I'm almost tempted to buy this just to get it into our world. Next time you fly on a four-engined 757 and the pilot cuts the power and does a dead-stick landing at 200+mph, you'll know which model somebody bought him as a kid...

;D ;D ;D
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Weaver

I like "SPECIFICATIONS COLOURS AND CONTENTS MAY VARY FROM ILLUSTRATIONS". Given the state of the artwork, you'd probably open it up to find that it's a British Racing Green Ferrari submersible T-72 tank...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

loupgarou

Shame that the (noble) lady seller doesn't include a photo of the content. Maybe we could raise funds to buy it, just to see..... :banghead:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 14, 2017, 05:43:10 AM
You must feel the Zen in PSR...

Or have a reeealy good/long album on the stereo... (yeah, I'm old enough to remember - and still have - those...)

Caveman

Is it perhaps a Grigorovich E-2 Kometa? An aircraft of Russian design but "inspired" by the dh88.
secretprojects forum migrant

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

JayBee

Quote from: Caveman on July 11, 2018, 12:55:51 PM
Is it perhaps a Grigorovich E-2 Kometa? An aircraft of Russian design but "inspired" by the dh88.

Aye Right! as we would say in Glasgow.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!