Whiffs on Ebay

Started by GTX, June 03, 2011, 03:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Flyer on August 06, 2020, 01:12:12 PM
The bulbous fairings could house gyroscopes and the long fairings could be some sort of weight shift device to maintain CG limit's and control pitch  ;D

Why not the V.1 was gyro stabilised after all. Maybe he's just stuck a bigger one in it ?  ;D

At least it's whiffery  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Beautifully done Vulcan that looks to be almost standard until you look underneath.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Built-Airfix-1-72-Vulcan-B2/293701613045?hash=item4461faf5f5:g:EwoAAOSwIJxfQShW

Twin Sidewinders plus Martel AND Blue Steel? With the low altitude TFR blister and the tail mounted RWR.  And XL445 never served with 617.

I was interested as I thought I could get a built up one cheap for reworking, but that would be criminal when this one is pretty decent as it is (although I have noticed a few flaws).
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

That does look nicely done, yes.  :thumbsup:

I don't think I've ever seen a camo'd Blue Steel, in the RW or in model form.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

There's an air to air shot of B2A XL320 with the uppers in camo and a Blue Steel underneath in Aerofax book on the Vulcan.  I'm planning something similar, but with the carrier and the missile in DSG/DG wraparound.

I've put a bid in on this, if only to try and secure it from someone who would redo it in more realistic markings.  It's a decent enough whiff and I'd like to preserve it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Interesting, I've built the single seater, the R.36-  but can I find a photo  of it  :banghead:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

I have a kit of this somewhere. Started it a long time ago but gave up. Terrible fit.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

TheChronicOne

Well, now.... this is interesting. A Hawker Hunter Airliner Conversion in resin.

Absolutely no description given in the listing. It was apparently made in 2002 by Neil Black and intended for Joe Cherrie who lives in Scotland. Seems this fellow wanted to turn a Hunter into a Hunterliner. I'm contemplating snagging this but I dunno.....   no clue what scale it is even... but one thing is certain, it's very interesting and the 'mystery' surrounding its origin and intended use are also intriguing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234280825105?hash=item368c39b111:g:D3EAAOSw1e1hjH5D
-Sprues McDuck-

JayBee

It is one of TSRJoe's Hawker Huntsmen, 1/72 resin.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TheChronicOne

Brilliant, Jim!!  Thanks...  I wish it were in 1/144 (although I don't even know if there is a 1/144 Hunter kit). I don't do airliners in 1/72, I don't have the room!  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

nighthunter

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 11, 2021, 02:06:35 AM
Brilliant, Jim!!  Thanks...  I wish it were in 1/144 (although I don't even know if there is a 1/144 Hunter kit). I don't do airliners in 1/72, I don't have the room!  ;D
Revell Produced one, and Mark 1 has several out
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PR19_Kit

They were all the rage a few years back, we've had SIG shows with 3-4 of them on display sometimes.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

And made to fit the old Airfix Hunter wings,  the Revell kits wings won't fit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: nighthunter on November 11, 2021, 01:37:16 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 11, 2021, 02:06:35 AM
Revell Produced one, and Mark 1 has several out

Thank you!
-Sprues McDuck-