arkon-papercraft

Started by arkon, June 03, 2011, 07:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: beowulf on July 09, 2011, 08:25:21 AM
very nice..............keep thinking about having a go at a paper model but keep chickening out

Some are more difficult than others. They are easier as scale modelers because we have nice tools to use on them, and although they are not easy, and are different from plastic models, they are in one way more forgiving --as you can always just print another. Give it a shot!! Nothing to lose

These are all gorgeous Arkon!  :thumbsup: I love paper models because they can be such stunning beauties  :thumbsup: Great fix on the star destroyer! seemless!!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

arkon

as taiidan says they are pretty simple( at least most that i have done) and you can just reprint it if you screw up( i had a trash can full when i started). just print the black n white ones or in grey scale when first starting so you dont waste color ink. iget most of mine from fiddlersgreen.net  or at papercraftmuseum.com
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

arkon

and i do these in the living room, cuttin paper in gluen while i watch tv with the family

NARSES2

Love the Renault  :wub:

I always admire the paper/card modellers stand at the Milton Keynes show every year. Always sorely tempted to bite the bullet and try one
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 11, 2011, 07:19:44 AM
Always sorely tempted to bite the bullet and try one

A perfect reason for the Fear and Trepidation GB

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

arkon

A perfect reason for the Fear and Trepidation GB

i second the motion gtx.

SinUnNombre

OK. That's it. Where the feth did my fiancee leave her knitting needles? Seriously, arkon, you build better models from sheets of paper than I can even dream of building from plastic kits that come with instructions. Keep up the great work.

Jon

arkon

just cut n glue sin if you can do it in plastic you can do it in paper

arkon

i did this one cause i thought it would be easy, heck he is only a tube with a dome and two rectangularish legs.....

arkon

arkon

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

arkon

thanks narse! he was more time consumeing than i thoght he would be.17 parts per leg!

Atlantis

is that the paper-replika kit?

rallymodeller

Paper modeling is so cool, and you make it look way too easy. I've had this incredible 1:1 paper model of the M41 rifle from Aliens on my comp for ages, never had the guts to try it.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D