very nice idea for a '62.

the czech F-104 i also like.

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

Taiidantomcat

Excited about this! Nice camo choice  :thumbsup:

fine starfighter  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

karlik

little progress

lighter gray

masking contours darker gray

short term project NamCorsair

karlik

I finish with it, I stupidiot /beautiful word  ;D/ , for masking used it, what then can not remove  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: /apparently fresh paint  :banghead: /

:banghead:

:banghead:

Im sorry for too much BANGHEADS  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hobbes

Put it on a shelf for now. In a few weeks, try again. This damage can be repaired, there's no need to cancel the project.

buzzbomb

Agreed, this is too far along and much too nice to shelf.

Come back to it is a little while and see if a rub down of the paint work can get the motors running again and back on target

Modelling_Mushi

Karlik it is way too good to bin it, I agree with the others, take a deep breath and a break and then finish her off.  :thumbsup:
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

TallEng

NO! Don't cancel it!,
Walk away, have a smoke, drink a beer  :cheers:, have another 1 or 2  :drink:,
Put airplane away, and forget about it for a bit, do an easy one, then come back
and finish it.

Regards
Keith (who has far to many models in the D.N.F. pile)
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Hobbes on October 31, 2011, 02:42:21 PMPut it on a shelf for now. In a few weeks, try again. This damage can be repaired, there's no need to cancel the project.

Absolutley and completely agree. Done the same with a RW 1:32 P-40 - the decals splintered and there's no way of getting around it, I need to mask/spray a RNZAF roundel - left it alone for around three weeks and built/finished two 'What If' projects in the meantime. DO NOT BIN THIS PROJECT, you've invested too much time & effort.

All the best.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Pablo1965

I agree with everyone who provides encouragement, now you have to look a little further.  :cheers:

RPadavan2

I agree with everyone else, shelf the project for a while and come back to it.  I did that with a P-38 after I spilled a bottle of silver paint on it.  It sat in a box for years before I cleaned the closet and found it buried in the back.  Then it sat for a few more weeks before I got bored and started brushing paint thinner on it.  After the silver was stripped off, I repainted in an olive drab scheme.  Not saying you have to do something that drastic, but I still say set it aside and come back to it later.  Some careful cleaning, sanding and painting and you are back on track.

karlik

Thank you getlemans for moral support  :bow: :bow: :bow:
as a treatment I administer an 1/48  :tornado:, Helen from Gulf  :cheers: :cheers:

thanks again, I appreciate your support  :bow:

McColm

karlik

Show must go  ;D
sanding, new winglets, cocpit windows will be airbrush, reduced passenger windows will be decal  :blink: