"Unable to Start Another Process"???

Started by sequoiaranger, June 07, 2011, 10:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sequoiaranger

I have been getting this message splashed across my computer screen on an increasing basis instead of a Whif page here. Is there something going on with his site? Usually I can just "go somewhere else" and come back to the Board, but it is REALLY ANNOYING to be following a thread, then "cut off" by....what, exactly??

Anyone else having this problem? Any site administrator with explanations/suggestions??
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

mkhulu

too many users accessing the forum ?

I get the same error message sometimes
Going nowhere slowly

Sentinel Chicken

I'm seeing the same issue as well. I think it has to do with some server settings.

Supertom

Still?!  Crap, I was hoping the database upgrade would resolve the issue since that was that the indications were.  OK I'm going to have to lodge a helpdesk ticket with the hosting provider.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Hobbes

The upgrade has drastically reduced the number of times I've seen this message. I've seen it maybe 2-3x since the upgrade.

pyro-manic

It hasn't reduced it much for me, to be honest - it still occurs at least a couple of times a day, often more.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

sotoolslinger

I also get that sometimes. I can't really say how often but I just got it this AM. :banghead:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

beowulf

not seen it for a few days but end of last week i was getting it quite a bit
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Supertom

OK I've talked to the hosting provider and they've asked if we could let them know as soon as it happens. 

So here's how it'll work.  If you get that error, email me at whatif.issues@gmail.com - it'll send me an alert on my phone so I can at least put a timestamp on it.  Hopefully we can get the provider to replicate the issue.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sequoiaranger

>So here's how it'll work.  If you get that error, email me at whatif.issues@gmail.com - it'll send me an alert on my phone so I can at least put a timestamp on it.  Hopefully we can get the provider to replicate the issue.<

Got it! Truly, it is only a minor annoyance, but...!

Quite often it will happen several times in a row. That is, I am at one thread on this site and I want to move to another, or another, and it *STILL* won't let me. Then sometimes it will. Sometimes it is momentary, and sometimes it goes on for several minutes until I tire of it and "go elsewhere". I understand that all of this site is contained in a single server (yes?), so it is a "server" problem, not my personal computer.

Anyway, glad you/we are getting a handle on it. Thanks.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Martin H

had it happen to me yesterday, and there where only 4 people showing as on the forum at the time.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

GTX

I have had it happen a few times in the last week or two.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Army of One

Quote from: sequoiaranger on June 07, 2011, 01:55:39 PM

Quite often it will happen several times in a row. That is, I am at one thread on this site and I want to move to another, or another, and it *STILL* won't let me. Then sometimes it will. Sometimes it is momentary, and sometimes it goes on for several minutes

Gotta say that I get the same from the work pc and when looking on my iphone....can be annoying.....don't seem to be a lot of people on the site when it happens as well......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kitnut617

I used to get it appearing quite often before the upgrade, but not seen it happen since then Tom.

When it did I just exited the internet completely, cleared the cashe and history, come back into the site and it will work.  I'd always thought it was something to do with my computer, but when my new computer did it too, I figured it had to be something else.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike