"Unable to Start Another Process"???

Started by sequoiaranger, June 07, 2011, 10:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanH

Quote from: GTX on June 08, 2011, 12:41:21 AM
I have had it happen a few times in the last week or two.
Same here

Rheged

Quote from: IanH on June 08, 2011, 06:23:39 AM
Quote from: GTX on June 08, 2011, 12:41:21 AM
I have had it happen a few times in the last week or two.
Same here

I've had it happen a couple of times; I just assumed that it was the downside of contributing to a popular forum.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mossie

It happened to me today, around 1.30-2pm ish (currently got a +1 offset, makes it 12.30-1pm forum time), didn't see this thread till afterwards so couldn't get a closer time, sorry.  I've had it happen frequently since the cleanup.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

deathjester

Quote from: sequoiaranger on June 07, 2011, 10:28:12 AM
I have been getting this message splashed across my computer screen on an increasing basis instead of a Whif page here. Is there something going on with his site? Usually I can just "go somewhere else" and come back to the Board, but it is REALLY ANNOYING to be following a thread, then "cut off" by....what, exactly??

Anyone else having this problem? Any site administrator with explanations/suggestions??
I just had  that message SIX times in a row! It happened at 1744 hours while I was trying to get on this thread (must have known I was gonna report it!)

Supertom

Quote from: deathjester on June 08, 2011, 09:48:27 AM
Quote from: sequoiaranger on June 07, 2011, 10:28:12 AM
I have been getting this message splashed across my computer screen on an increasing basis instead of a Whif page here. Is there something going on with his site? Usually I can just "go somewhere else" and come back to the Board, but it is REALLY ANNOYING to be following a thread, then "cut off" by....what, exactly??

Anyone else having this problem? Any site administrator with explanations/suggestions??
I just had  that message SIX times in a row! It happened at 1744 hours while I was trying to get on this thread (must have known I was gonna report it!)

Just report it anyway.  Any information we can get to get to the bottom of this mystery.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Mr.Creak

01:04 (UK time) - for about five attempts before giving me the site.
What if... I had a brain?

beowulf

@01:30gmt...couple of times before i got in
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

TsrJoe

same too, seems to be happening more and more past week or so  :banghead: could be as the sites so popular its some sortv 'flood control' ?
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

rickshaw

Quote from: TsrJoe on June 09, 2011, 01:31:06 AM
same too, seems to be happening more and more past week or so  :banghead: could be as the sites so popular its some sortv 'flood control' ?

Not as such.  It usually indicates that the web server daemon is unable to actually serve the request for the webpage.  This could be either that there is insufficient "grunt" (an IT technical term  :mellow: ) in the physical or virtual server or alternatively a problem with the database that backs the website.  It could be that the site has outgrown the infrastructure that backs it and requires upgrading.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Supertom

OK OK you guys can stop sending in the reports for now.  I've gotten the hosting support team to track it down and it seems that it's not an issue of our site infrastructure not being insufficient to run the site, but rather a programming issue that's not allowing the site to use the resources efficiently.  In the meantime please be patient and we'll work on fixing the bad code.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

sequoiaranger

...for "listening" and taking action. This site is a source of genuine enjoyment and I am glad there are folk out there who are trying to keep the cybertronics consistent to keep it so.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

deathjester

Quote from: sequoiaranger on June 09, 2011, 08:06:23 AM
...for "listening" and taking action. This site is a source of genuine enjoyment and I am glad there are folk out there who are trying to keep the cybertronics consistent to keep it so.
Yes indeed, many thanks, everyone in the Deathjester household enjoys 'What If'  :thumbsup:

arkon

got one today. 10:32 pm texas time. just tryin to log in, went right to it.
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

GTX

Just happened to me again at approx June 11, 2011, 07:20:26 PM  site time.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Army of One

Just happened to me three times....20:22hrs UK......trying to look at the same thread on three occaisions then in on the 4th........H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!