B-70 Valkyrie

Started by Devilfish, June 09, 2011, 11:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

Modelling_Mushi

Worth persevering with Devilfish, love the look.
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

PR19_Kit

Yes, that is BIG!  :o

It's also superbly built and well finished.  :thumbsup: :bow:

I like the contrast between the dull black finish and the silver tyres and landing gear, nice job.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Devilfish

Building a Valkyrie is like childbirth.  When doing it, you say you'll never do it again, no matter what.

After about a year, you are thinking of building another one.....

....luckily though, I have so far restrained myself!

Librarian

And much like the Sukhoi T-4 it's a plane I find hard to believe actually existed. Very nice, and a great job on the paintwork. Black is surprisingly difficult to get right :bow:.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Librarian on December 18, 2014, 09:52:48 AM
And much like the Sukhoi T-4 it's a plane I find hard to believe actually existed. Very nice, and a great job on the paintwork. Black is surprisingly difficult to get right :bow:.

Second that (concerning the black) - great work, looks fast!  :thumbsup:

Are these white wall tires?  :unsure:

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 18, 2014, 02:18:52 AM
Yes, that is BIG!

Yes it is.  It just barely fits in the Experimental Aircraft hangar of the USAF Museum-

It looms.  Much like the BUFF at Duxford
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 18, 2014, 10:57:39 AM
Are these white wall tires?  :unsure:

No, they're silver, the same colour as the landing gear itself. The silver is moulded into the rubber of the tyre itself to help dissipate the heat at M 3.0!

Quote from: scooter on December 18, 2014, 11:22:28 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 18, 2014, 02:18:52 AM
Yes, that is BIG!
Yes it is.  It just barely fits in the Experimental Aircraft hangar of the USAF Museum-

Tell me about it, I've been there and seen it. The tail is right is against the hangar door and it's pretty difficult to see the engine exhausts as they're so close, but it's just possible. I've got a pic of them somewhere but it needs scanning first,
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]