Main Menu

LF: Spitfires 72nd

Started by The Wooksta!, June 18, 2011, 08:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Ventura F22, Lee?  Swapsies rather than dosh if you like, hostage swap at Cosford.   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

The Wooksta!

Sorted.  And I still owe you a Wellesley or the wreckage of one.

Any other Spitfire wrecks or spares you want to dispose of will also come in very handy.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Very kind Lee, I have a project for that, and as far as I'm concerned the Wellesley was sorted at Telford in the form of the resin Spiteful bits.  I have a separate 'Spit Bits' spares bag so I'll see what's in there that I know I don't need and pop it in the Ventura bag. I'll have a look in my 'Spit Kits' box to see whether there are any excess 70's Airfix Spits that can go now the new items are available.  If so the Wellesley may be back on!!
Don't have any wrecks though.
;D ;D

Update @ 2132:
Not checked the Airfix Mk Is yet but as I've got 2 Eduard Profipack Mk 21s in the stash I might think about letting go of the original Aeroteam boxing I've also got - bought it at the last Castle Donnington Nationals so it's been unmade for quite a while!  Latest plot was to convert it to a Seafire 46 but what with the nice-looking Airfix 22 on the cards that'll be a lot easier.  ;D ;D

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on February 22, 2012, 09:00:25 AM
Very kind Lee, I have a project for that, and as far as I'm concerned the Wellesley was sorted at Telford in the form of the resin Spiteful bits.  I have a separate 'Spit Bits' spares bag so I'll see what's in there that I know I don't need and pop it in the Ventura bag. I'll have a look in my 'Spit Kits' box to see whether there are any excess 70's Airfix Spits that can go now the new items are available.  If so the Wellesley may be back on!!
Don't have any wrecks though.
;D ;D

Update @ 2132:
Not checked the Airfix Mk Is yet but as I've got 2 Eduard Profipack Mk 21s in the stash I might think about letting go of the original Aeroteam boxing I've also got - bought it at the last Castle Donnington Nationals so it's been unmade for quite a while!  Latest plot was to convert it to a Seafire 46 but what with the nice-looking Airfix 22 on the cards that'll be a lot easier.  ;D ;D

OK Lee, the Aeroteam F21 can be yours if you like it.  What with the Airfix F22 coming out I'll include some resin F22/24 tailplanes, fins and rudders.  Happy to swap for a pair of Matchbox Tempests if you're up to letting them go?
;D ;D

The Wooksta!

Yes, sounds fair enough.  I'll dig them out over the weekend.  Know exactly which box they're in.

Be ironic if them resin bits were ones I'd cast originally.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Done!  Just so there's no misunderstanding what I've suggested is a swap of the Ventura F22 and the Aeroteam F21 for a pair of Marchbox Tempests.  Looking back on the thread it could have read that I was after a pair of Tempests for the F21, which wasn't the case.  I doubt I'll ever build either Spit but I will the Tempests so everything seems to be going to good respective homes.
The resin bits (and I'll PM you later with details) are Airkit Enterprises remnants I acquired some years ago from Paul Lucas when I decided convert the F21 to a 22/24/Seafire 46 but never did.
;D ;D

thedarkmaster

If you want em mate you can have all the Spitfire bits i get from the shop returns, don't know how many it is but i think its about 6 or so of various marques, be aware though they all have something missing from them.
PM me your address if you want em

TIM
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitbasher on February 25, 2012, 03:10:57 AM
The resin bits (and I'll PM you later with details) are Airkit Enterprises remnants I acquired some years ago from Paul Lucas when I decided convert the F21 to a 22/24/Seafire 46 but never did.
;D ;D

If you still have that Airkit F21, I'll gladly take that off your hands!  My all time favourite Spitfire kit.  Just name your price!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Quote from: thedarkmaster on February 25, 2012, 03:29:48 AM

If you want em mate you can have all the Spitfire bits i get from the shop returns, don't know how many it is but i think its about 6 or so of various marques, be aware though they all have something missing from them.
PM me your address if you want em

TIM

PM inbound!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 25, 2012, 03:56:05 PM
If you still have that Airkit F21, I'll gladly take that off your hands!  My all time favourite Spitfire kit.  Just name your price!

Sorry Lee, it's just the F22/24 tail unit I'm afraid, not the kit.
;D ;D