Motorcycle Ideas

Started by GTX, June 19, 2011, 12:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Heh - you know the "Streethawk turn", where he'd slide the back end around dramatically, even though there was plenty of room to do a normal U-turn? Well the actual reason for that was that the bodywork on the stunt bike left it with about 15 deg of steering lock: he wasn't doing it to look cool, he was doing it 'cos he had no choice!  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

arkon

http://www.burningart.com/meico/moto/akira/ liked this one to. i also remember a unicycle typefrom one animae/manga that they rode on top of,not the big hula hoop lookin ones you ride inside of the wheel.
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Thiel

There's always the Danish way.

Mossie

Pretty much like that Action Force/GI Joe bike I posted, wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't have seen it!

There's the French way too:

Maybe mix the two, Armstrong MT500 with a Wombat in a sidecar???
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

deathjester

Games Workshop do a pretty good bike/sidecar model - the space marine attack bike.

jcf

KJ_Lesnick

You know, I think it would be really cool to come up with some kind of super-sleek ultra-high performance motorcycle.  Think something like the Dodge Tomahawk, that motorcycle from Tron (I think a canopy is a bit odd for a motorcycle, but maybe if the canopy had some area in the back and front with the top detatchable  :ph34r:
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Weaver

Here are some real ones along those lines Kendra:

Malcolm Newell's Quasar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar_(motorcycle)

Royce Creasey's Voyager:

http://www.voyager03.co.uk/

Peraves Ecomobile:

http://peraves.wordpress.com/

This class of vehicles are known as "feet forwards" motorbikes or "FFs" for short. There has long be a minority of zealous enthusiasts promoting them, but they're regarded with deep suspicion by most bikers. I well remember having a blazing row with Royce Creasey on his stand at the NEC Bike show in 1990 after pointing out (perfectly reasonably, I thought) that it's excessive length would severely restrict it's maneuverability in heavy traffic: there was a queue of people behind me waiting for their turn.... ;D

Feet forward designs have had more success in the scooter world, and such designs are now an option from most manufacturers. Their absolute length is less than FF motorbikes due to their smaller engines, but they're still longer than the equivalent "normal" scooter and relatively powerful ones are still pretty much a niche market.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

KJ_Lesnick

Weaver

QuoteThis class of vehicles are known as "feet forwards" motorbikes or "FFs" for short. There has long be a minority of zealous enthusiasts promoting them, but they're regarded with deep suspicion by most bikers.

Yeah, I'm ambivalent as well... that's why I said I thought it was odd for a motorcycle and also stated that I thought that a compromise would be a detachable canopy so it could be a bit of both -- a regular motorcycle and a motorcycle with a canopy.  Personally, I think going without a canopy but adhering to the basic lines of the Tron motorcycle is the best way to go, but who knows?  It could make an interesting WHIF concept. 
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

jcf

Sticky Fingers

Mossie

Koo-ul! :ph34r:

Quote from: Weaver on June 23, 2011, 06:37:54 PM
This class of vehicles are known as "feet forwards" motorbikes or "FFs" for short. There has long be a minority of zealous enthusiasts promoting them, but they're regarded with deep suspicion by most bikers. I well remember having a blazing row with Royce Creasey on his stand at the NEC Bike show in 1990 after pointing out (perfectly reasonably, I thought) that it's excessive length would severely restrict it's maneuverability in heavy traffic: there was a queue of people behind me waiting for their turn.... ;D

Feet forward designs have had more success in the scooter world, and such designs are now an option from most manufacturers. Their absolute length is less than FF motorbikes due to their smaller engines, but they're still longer than the equivalent "normal" scooter and relatively powerful ones are still pretty much a niche market.

Armoured Sinclair C5, battery gets you to to the warzone but you have to peddle out of danger.  The enemy strategically deploys lorries in the outside lane to deal with the threat.