Started by Sticky Fingers, June 20, 2011, 01:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

dumaniac

Sticky Fingers

Again, thanks for your comments! I hope I can live up to the expectations!
I've never played (or seen) Crimson Skies, probably because no Playstation version exists?

Anyway, here is official update number 1.

Work continues on the beaching truck. I figured out a way to show how the Kampfadler gets towed out of the water and onto the Schlammteufel, but i couldn't find any parts that would fit my plan. Until I opened up the box to the Airfix WWI tank I had in my secret stash. This comes with a two-wheeled thingamajig at the rear, I think it's for anti-ditching purposes but I'll be the first to admit that's just an educated guess. Anyway, I assembled the wheels in the wrong (no, not the wrong way, just not the way the instructions would tell you to) way with a bit of Evergreen tube in the middle. Added some chain, cut the compressor-engine from a compressor (from Italeri's 1/35 workshop tools set), drilled a hole through it, pushed a cocktailstick through the hole, because I had one handy, and there it was.

and

Will add some levers and what-nots to it, and continue to work on the whole thing until I think it's done.
Thanks for watching!

Taiidantomcat

This is the stuff I dream of building but have a hard time executing  :wub: I am in pure awe  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

sequoiaranger

>Usually I build o.o.s.b. (out of several boxes).<

Hear Hear! Usually about SIX is the minimum for me (for my "Globrey Blordiator" I used 18)! But I added the extra "O" for "Old"---I like to take Lindberg, Comet, FROG, Hawk, Nichimo, and other "ancient" kits and make something from them!

You have already created a "fan base" here, for good reason---keep up the EXCELLENT work!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Pablo1965

It is like the world of Crimson Skies, or Dieselpunk, remind me a little to Sky Captain histories. It have all the thimgs I like in a Whiff proyect.
Really a nice plane. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Captain Canada

:cheers:What ? Where in the heck did this thing come from ! That's wild !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Hey, Sticky, did you ever finish the beaching vehicle?

Like to see a photo of the two together. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

Nice! I like the creative use of the Me 262 engine pods as missile mounts.  :thumbsup:
And I see code numbers from a Dorvack PA...

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 02, 2016, 06:12:27 PM
Where in the heck did this thing come from !
It came from 2011  :lol:

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 02, 2016, 06:53:56 PM
Hey, Sticky, did you ever finish the beaching vehicle?

Like to see a photo of the two together. :thumbsup:

It's still in the 'Need To Fix This One Day' cupboard, along with oh.... quite a few other projects.
A photo of the two is easily done, but it wouldn't be much different from the one posted in 2011  ;D

I'm really amazed that this proved to be such a populair build, so thanks guys  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"